Chapter 19

Zhilan was surprised at the next words that came out of Jaemin's mouth.

"You can walk again."

"Wait what?" Zhilan exclaimed, making Jaemin chuckle.

"You can walk, you don't have to stay in bed anymore. You can do whatever you want whenever you want, but still no running, take it easy." Jaemin told her.

"Are you serious?" Zhilan asked as Jaemin packed up the first aid kit before sliding it back onto his shelf.

They were in Jaemin's room, a place that had become Zhilan's temporary home for the past few days. For once, Zhilan found it nice not being alone, Jaemin being home more often than Renjun and the others. His personality was pretty similar to hers, and the two actually got along surprisingly well.

During the day, Zhilan would sleep, waking up when Jaemin had finished making food for the two of them and needed to treat her wound. Jaemin had started bringing his breakfast into his room so they could eat together. Since they spent their nights together, Zhilan naturally woke up when he did so Jaemin didn't have to deal with waking her up.

When Jaemin was at school, he gave Zhilan full access of his computer so Zhilan could do a bit more. He gave her permission to roll herself across the room in his desk chair, and even though it wasn't much more of an improvement, it was still better than being in bed all day.

When Jaemin came home, he would do school work while playing his music, and Zhilan took this time to meditate in his bed. This was also normally the time when her cravings would be hitting the hardest, so it was nice to have Jaemin there when there wasn't enough distractions to keep her mind off it.

Her withdrawal symptoms were getting much better, even though Zhilan had been very close to breaking, accidentally finding the cigarettes Jaemin had confiscated. She was lucky that Jaemin had returned just then, pulling the box out of her hands at lightning speed. After that, the cigarettes were thrown in the trash and taken out immediately.

Jaemin was normally a pretty calm person, talking in a low soothing voice, even if he was scolding her. The only time he wasn't calm was when he would suddenly rant about something that the others had done that pissed him off on the inside, but with his personality, he would never complain to them directly, saving it for the moments before bed with Zhilan.

Zhilan found it kind of adorable how Jaemin had all these different side of him that she had never seen before. It was all because of the extra time that she had spent with Jaemin because of her injury that she had learned that Jaemin really wasn't the person she initially thought he was.

He was quite the opposite, actually. He was kind and caring, always putting her before himself, and Zhilan made sure to scold him for it. He took good care of her during the time that she was healing, doing much more than he needed to, and Zhilan couldn't thank him enough.

He was still stubborn though, the things he complained about a clear indicator of that. Yet to Zhilan, that was a small flaw in the beautiful human named Na Jaemin.

Jaemin nodded his head a smile on his face as he went over to where she was, ruffling her hair. "What are you doing still in bed? Come get up and help in the kitchen so you can learn how to cook. Then I don't have to feed you all the time."

Zhilan scoffed but still let Jaemin help her up, the male holding onto her as she took a few careful steps. Seeing that her wound wasn't causing her pain or opening again, he let her walk out to the kitchen.

Despite what Jaemin said though, he made her sit at one of the stools by the counter, keeping her away from the cooking. While Zhilan watched him cook, she realized something.