Chapter 29

Jaemin wanted to smack all his friends as they stood there in shock, staring at Jaemin as he held Xiaojun down. Their faces all read the same thing.

Is Jaemin really doing this?

Thankfully, Zhilan's head was still on properly as she called out to them. "Are you going to stand there and watch or are you going to help us?"

Haechan and Mark came over and each took of his arms while Jeno opened up the back. Chenle and Jisung helped them out, Renjun and Ayeon already spray painting a Phoenix onto the ground.

"Where are they taking him?" Zhilan asked but her eyes were full of concerned as she stared at his bleeding knee.

"Probably to the bar for Taeyong to deal with." Jaemin answered, letting Zhilan hold his body, supporting him.

Jaemin noticed Soojung walking over, stopping in front of them to bend down to check his knee.

"Looks painful." Soojung said as she stood straight again, meeting Jaemin's eyes with a smirk on her face. "But you'll be good after a day of rest."

"Thank you, Soojung." Zhilan said as Soojung gave her a smile before running back to Jeno's car, where Xiaojun was being held.

Jaemin glanced over at where Renjun and Ayeon were but they were already getting on their motorcycles, Chenle and Jisung doing the same.

"Are you sure you can ride your bike back?" Zhilan asked as she held tightly onto Jaemin.

"I'm fine." Jaemin said, putting pressure onto his knee but the adrenaline that came from how angry he was at Xiaojun had faded and his knee hurt a lot more than he expected it too.

His face must have shown it as well as Zhilan held him tighter, shaking her head.

"It's fine, we'll come get your bike tomorrow." Zhilan said, gently tugging him towards the direction of their bikes.

"What about the skateboard?" Jaemin asked, motioning to the skateboard lying in the middle of the skate park.

Zhilan shook her head. "The kids can have it. Let's just go home, you're hurt, Jaemin."

Jaemin couldn't help but smile as his girlfriend helped him get to their motorcycles, making sure to go at a pace where he wouldn't be in too much pain.

"You know." Jaemin said as Zhilan helped him onto her motorcycle. "You're cute when you act all caring."

"Don't push it, Jaemin." Zhilan warned as she revved the engine of her motorcycle.

Jaemin smiled as he nuzzled his head into Zhilan's hair, giving his girlfriend a tight back hug as they began speeding down the streets of Neo City.

...

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, Zhilan thought as she helped Jaemin with bandaging his knee.

"Are you sure this is right?" Zhilan asked as she hesitated. Jaemin nodded his head, a small smile on his face.

"That's perfect. Keep going."

Zhilan finished up, giving it a pat but was sure that it looked much different from when Jaemin did it.

"Are you sure, I feel like it'll probably come apart during the night." Zhilan said as Jaemin patted the space beside him, wanting the girl to join him in bed.

"It probably will." Jaemin mumbled as she took his side. He quickly grabbed her waist, preventing her from sitting up. "But I'll fix it later. Right now I just want you here beside me."