Chapter 12

Zhilan yawned as she left her room, eyes catching onto the dishes covered on the counter.

What did Jaemin make today?

Zhilan still had little conversation with Jaemin, which she was perfectly fine with. Jaemin was often in his room or sitting with Jaehyun at the bar when they got back from a deal anyways, so she didn't have much time to interact with him either.

Jaemin must had figured out that Zhilan honestly couldn't cook and started making food for her in the mornings. He would leave it covered on the counter for her, so all she had to do was heat it up.

At first, Zhilan was weirded out when she saw the dish out there, not wanting another outburst for eating food meant for someone else. But the next day, there was a note with her name for it, so she realized that the food really was for her.

Zhilan's stomach was growling as she waited for the food to heat up. She had decided to wait until Jaemin left the house in the mornings to get up, but his classes started pretty late.

At least I have good food, Zhilan thought as she settled at the dinning table.

Zhilan checked her phone, noticing a message from Taeyong. Tonight they had another deal to make, and apparently, it was with a group that was known to be quite difficult.

Can't be too bad.

Zhilan cleaned up the dirty dishes when she was done before settling on the couch, lighting a cigarette. Halfway through though, she began to cough uncontrollably, having to stick the cigarette into the ash tray, making her way to the kitchen to get some water.

It was difficult though, and Zhilan must have ended up choking on her own saliva, making it harder for her to breathe. She held onto the counter as she tried to clear her throat, so focused on trying to live that she barely heard the front door open and a person immediately running to get her a cup of water.

Zhilan took the cup from the male's hands, drinking it and clearing her throat. She took a few more sips, breathing deeply before putting the cup down. She jumped when she realized who it was.

On the other hand, Jaemin seemed very concerned as he stared at the girl. "Are you okay?"

Zhilan nodded, clearing her throat one more time. "You're home early."

"Class was cancelled." Jaemin said, taking her cup and filling it up with water again before passing it back. Zhilan let out a small thank you before sipping it.

Jaemin's eyes went to the ash tray where the freshly burned cigarette was, the smoke still coming out of it. "You should stop smoking."

"It's not that easy, you know." Zhilan said, staring down at the cup of water in front of her. 

"I know." Jaemin said, his voice coming from further than he was before.

Zhilan lifted her head to see Jaemin disappear into his room, the door closing behind him.

...

Why do people even smoke? Jaemin thought as he put his things away before settling down at his desk. It's so terrible for you.

Jaemin phone buzzed to see a message from Taeyong, asking if he could contact Soojung to help him for tonight. Their leader had a feeling tonight's deal would not be going smoothly.

Why can't you contact her yourself, she's literally dating your brother, Jaemin thought as he sighed, calling his friend.

Jaemin rolled his eyes as he heard Soojung whisper to Jeno to stop tickling her before answering. "Hey, everything good?"