Chapter 6

Zhilan watched as Jaehyun packed some of the drugs into a bag, teaching her how to do it. Since she wasn't going to college, Taeyong thought she should make good use of her time by helping the rest of the gang.

"Got it?" Jaehyun asked giving her a glance. Zhilan nodded.

"I did this in China too." Zhilan said, putting on a pair of gloves. "This isn't new to me."

Jaehyun chuckled and the two of them worked together, finishing up the order.

Once they were done, Zhilan followed Jaehyun outside, the two of them needing some fresh air. He took out the pack of cigarettes from his pocket, taking one out.

"Want one?" Jaehyun asked, offering her the box.

"Thanks." Zhilan replied, taking one out. Jaehyun helped her light it up.

Jiayi had desperately tried to convince Zhilan to quit her terrible addiction that she gained from Xiaojun, saying that it was only poision for her lungs, but it only caused Zhilan to avoid the older girl. It was definitely wasn't good for her, but smoking wasn't that easy to quit.

Everyone else does it anyways, I don't see what the big deal is.

Zhilan let out a long drag as she stood there with Jaehyun, glad that no one in Neo City was a big nagger when it came to smoking. Or at least that's what she thought.

She watched as a motorcycle was carefully parked, Jaehyun's eyes widening as soon as he saw it. Even though his cigarette was only half-burnt, he dropped it on the ground, stepping on it before clearing his throat.

"I'll see you inside." Jaehyun said with a cough, immediately making his way back into the bar without another word.

"What's up with him?" Zhilan mumbled as she continued to take long drags. That's when she realized that the motocyclist that had returned was Jaemin.

I mean, no one else drives a motorcycle that carefully.

Jaemin adjusted his bag before turning towards the entrance, meeting Zhilan's eyes. He scoffed as he walked towards the girl, stopping beside her.

"What do you want?" Zhilan asked, purposedly puffing a cloud of smoke in his face. She couldn't help but smile as she watched his face twist in disgust, the male letting out a few coughs.

"First of all, you're too close to the entrance." Jaemin said, giving her a dirty look. "Second of all, that was absolutely disgusting."

"Wow, Na Jaemin said more than two words to me." Zhilan hummed. Jaemin rolled his eyes, making it clear that Zhilan had succeeded in annoying him.

"At least I won't be dying early because my lungs gave out." Jaemin snapped back before entering the bar.

Zhilan gulped as she recalled some of the Beijing Phoenix elders that had passed away too fast, the cause being lung cancer. The elders were definitely people she missed, especially the ones that always called her pretty and let her sit in their laps as they played mahjong when she first joined the gang.

Zhilan didn't even realize she was crying until she saw a teardrop fall onto the ground, immediately wiping away her tears. She decided to leave the rest of the cigarette, letting it drop to the ground, stepping on top of it.

"I hate you so much." Zhilan mumbled as she checked her phone to make sure her make up wasn't messed up before taking a deep breath, making sure her face wouldn't show any of her inner emotions before entering the bar again.

...

Jaemin woke up to his alarm going off, quickly rolling over to turn it off. He checked the time.