6- Jimmy

Ally's P.O.V.

Climbing back into the window, I couldn't help but smile. What is it about that man?

"You guys are disgustingly cute." Angie whispered in a sleepy voice.

"What? Did we wake up, you loud, obnoxious, snoring bear?" I jumped on her, both laughing as I laid down next to her. "You really need to get that checked out."

"Yeah, I was so tired. Did I keep you up?"

"Little bit, but my mind was going a mile a minute so I tried writing but then Nic showed up."

"Man, he has it bad for you, Al. I like him, I highly approve of this relationship."

"Relationship, are you insane? He doesn't like me, I don't think? God, I really don't know."

"Your nuts if you can't see it."

"Well if he does, he hasn't told me and Asher would seriously freak out. You saw how they reacted about Justin, I can only imagine what Ash would do to Nic... Anyways," I got up and grabbed some clothes.

"Wait, what about you? Do you like him?"

I looked at her for a bit, thinking of growing up with him. "I mean, I don't hate him. I don't like that he's an Arizona Cardinal but I guess it's better than a Viking. He does have a nice body, and the sexiest green eyes. Whenever he chased the guys away from me in high school, I secretly liked it compared to when my brothers did it. I love bickering back and forth with him, it's actually a fun time on who's going to win... holy crap, I think I like him."

"Well, dah!"

I hit her arm, "Thanks a lot you big butt head."

"Ouch, why?"

"Now that's all I'm going to think about when I look at him. Ahhhh, I'm going to go shower."

"You're a dork, Al."

*******
Later that night, when Dad came home from work, we sat down and had dinner.

Nic came over to hang out with Asher, they were hanging out in the living room while Angie and I helped Mom clean up the kitchen.

"Ally... you're on T.V." Tyler yelled.

I went out into the living where everyone was watching Starz; a tabloid, gossip show about celebrities.

'So we caught up with Ally Shaw's ex, Travis. He just got out of jail for the party he threw at Ally's Nashville apartment Friday night. This is what he had to say...'

"Hey Travis, is it true you and Ally are over?"

"No, we had a misunderstanding and I have every intention of winning her back."

"Misunderstanding my ass... my house was trashed, you had drugs all over my apartment and you were pounding your junk into some chick. Pretty sure that's spot on you prick." I yelled at the T.V.

"Ally Marie!" My mother scolded me.

"Oops, Sorry!"

Angie was laughing, "She is always yelling at the T.V. like they can actually hear her."

I hit her arm, "Shut up."

"What happened that night, Travis?"

"My girl just overreacted with the whole situation..."

"Overreacted? Is he kidding me right now?" I looked as Nic as he came and stood next to me, placing his arm around my shoulder.

"So it's her fault you were in jail?"

He smiled, "Girls can be a bit dramatic."

My Dad turned the T.V. off and let out a whistle before turning towards me. "Honey, are you okay?"

I started laughing, "I'm fine..." I stopped laughing, I was furious. "Nooo, did he seriously just call me dramatic?" I asked, pointing at the T.V.

No one said anything, "He made it sound like this was my fault. The nerve of him and we most certainly will not be getting back together."

Everyone was looking at me, "I'm fine..." All of sudden these words started running through my brain as the lyrics flowed into a song I had beating in my head.

I raised my eyebrow and started smiling towards Angie. "Ang?"

"Yes, Babe?"

"Call Jimmy's people, tell them I have a brand new song I will be debuting on his show tomorrow night."

"Ummm, alright, but honey, you don't have a new song."

"Actually, I do." I smiled ear to ear. With that I turned around, going into my bedroom. I sat down at my desk and put my heart and soul into this song.

********
I was standing on stage in complete darkness, waiting to be introduced. I didn't play this song for anyone before I left. My band and I were the only ones that knew what I was about to sing.

"Welcome back, my next guest is an all time favorite of mine. She's won many awards including album, new single, video and female vocalist of the year. She's taken the world by storm and is now up for Entertainer of the year. Debuting her new song, 'Drowning', let's put our hands together for Ally Shaw."

Everyone started clapping. The lights hit me... I was standing behind the mic, just me and my guitar as the music started. I had every intention of ripping Travis apart in this song. Instead I decided to put my pain, my heartache and tell why I wasn't happy, why I deserved better and how I was done and moving on from that chapter in my life.

Now, if people put two and two together, they can gather it was from Travis and our relationship. This was me being a better person for not outing him, like I could have.

 This was me being a better person for not outing him, like I could have

Ending the song...

🎶 "But, I'm not drowning... anymore..." 🎶

Cheers erupted as I finished my song.

Jimmy came over, giving me a hug and walked me over to his desk. I waved at the audience, "Thank you." With a big smile on my face.

Back at home - Nic's P.O.V.

We were all sitting in the room, waiting for Ally to sing her song, a song she just wrote last night. Her parents were scared she was going to rip Travis a new one through this song and hurt the way people saw America's Sweetheart.

I on the other hand couldn't wait to watch this go down. She's feisty as hell, so this was going to be great!

The audience applauded my beautiful girl as she was announced.

The music started and everyone got quiet. She sang the song with so much heart. It was truly beautiful but broke my heart how unhappy she was with him but now I had that chance to make her happy and that's exactly what I was going to do.