3

I laid in bed for five hours, until I heard Haley get up. I didn't move. I didn't even breathe. I just couldn't stand for my throat to be on fire, every time I breathe.

During these five hours, I held my breath to see how long until I needed to breathe. That was four hours ago. I feel uncomfortable at the moment, but I haven't gasped for air yet.

I heard Haley get ready to go to work. It only took her 30 minutes to get ready. Then I heard her footsteps come up to my door. I turned over and had my back towards the door. Haley knocked, then stuck her head in my room.

"Hey, Tris. You awake?" Haley said. I groaned, acting like she woke me up. I turned my head around so I could see her. But what I saw was her veins through her skin.

"What?" I said, trying not to inhale.

"Don't you need to get ready for work? And where were you for the past three days? I was getting worried, y'know." She rambled on.

I tried to be careful of using my words and air, "No work today. With boyfriend." I lied. I heard Haley shift her weight.

"Are you okay?" Haley questioned. She knows I'm being sus about something.

"Yeah, just tired."

"Okay." Haley started to walk away, "I'll be home around 10 tonight. I have a date with Chris after work at his house. Since you know... everything is closed still." She said.

"Okay." I pulled my cover over my head, hoping Haley will leave me the fuck alone. And she did. She closed my door and I heard her grab her keys and bag. I heard her walk into the kitchen and sigh really loudly. Oops, I guess I forgot to throw away the spaghetti from last night. Haley open the fridge grab something and then left the apartment.

I finally started to breathe again. My throat on the other hand, was just burning so much. Haley's scent still linger in my room. It smells amazing to be honest. I'll just have to get used to this smell.

I sat up from my bed and scroll through my phone. I checked Snapchat, Instagram, then finally I started to scroll through TikTok. Watching video, after video for the next two hours.

I sigh, hoping that being on my phone would make me fall asleep, but it didn't. Welp, since I'm awake, I need to be productive.

I got out of bed and made the bed up. I started to play music on my Bluetooth speaker through Apple Music. It was playing "My Favorites🖤💯" playlist [A/N you can look up my playlist on Apple Music! I hope y'all enjoy it!] . "UGH!" by BTS came on and I just started to jam out to it, as I laid some decent clothes out to wear.

 "UGH!" by BTS came on and I just started to jam out to it, as I laid some decent clothes out to wear

I threw my hair up in a messy bun, as some of my curls poked out of the bun. I slid on a pair of black ripped jeans, and put on a pink spaghetti strap crop top. Today, I felt really confident. So, it was time to show it through my clothes.

I go into my bathroom and washed my face. Since I have very clear skin now, I don't need any heavy makeup. So, for my makeup I did a light brown eyeshadow with black winged eyeliner. Then I glued some thick falsies on. Lastly, I did a pink granted lip look. But no one is gonna see anything down from my eyes, since I have to wear a mask everywhere. I wonder if vampires can get Covid-19? Probably not, but I'll still wear a mask.

I put on my white chunky shoes, with cute little animals on the tongue of the shoe. I grabbed my white purse, black mask, phone, and my keys to the apartment, then I was out the door.

 I grabbed my white purse, black mask, phone, and my keys to the apartment, then I was out the door

Edit: I forgot to add a black mask. Ahhhhgeisbdj, I hate that!

I took the stairs down to the first floor from the fourth floor. I walk to the back entrance of the apartment complex, but right before I stepped out into the humid Miami heat I had a thought. Can vampires actually go out into the sunlight?

I sigh, looking around to see if anyone is near by. No one. So I open the door. The sun is at its highest peak. I slowly moved my hand out into the sunlight, waiting for pain to hit me, but it never did. I looked at my hand to see it glimmering in the sunlight. I put my arm out further, to see my skin shine like diamonds. I gasped in shock. My skin is beautiful to look at, but regular people would know that I'm different, if I walk around Miami in what I'm wearing right now.

I pulled my arm back into the shadows. Welp, I can't go outside... unless... unless I would wear something totally bizarre here in Miami. Winter clothes in the middle of August.

I chuckled without any humor. I have come to the fact that I am a vampire. I sparkle in the sunlight. I crave blood. I have drank blood. I have super hearing. My looks have changed for the best. In conclusion, I am now a vampire. Which is fucking dope as fuck.

But how in the hell do I go on with life, being the way that I am and with rona going around?