5

I humanly sigh, aggravated with the way my tía acted towards me. Why did she act like that? That was my only question, besides the fact that she gave me a weird colored jar, telling me that I need to drink it. She never does that kind of thing. What the hell is she up to? And why did she kick me out so fast? Does she know about vampires? I had hundreds of questions running through my head.

First of all, I'm not going to drink the liquid in the jar. All I could know is that the jar could have pee in it. Also, I can't consume anything. No food, no liquid. Second of all, I know I have weird ju-ju at the moment, but I'll learn to control it.

I growled in frustration, running my hand through my curly hair. I made my way through the bad part of the city to the rich part, where there are expensive stores.

The sun has already set and the air started to get a degree cooler. I could tell it was in the high 70s, but it was still humid. I crossed my arms as I passed by a bar, where there is a group of rich white guy's, who look like they play golf.

Even if I'm changed into a vampire, I'm still really self conscious about guys looking and cat-calling me. That didn't change, sadly.

I kept my head down, as I walked pass the group. Then the worst thing possible happened. They came up to me and started to hit on me, wanting to grab me. Fuck. These guys where the type not to wear their mask, because "it's their body, their choice" type of shit.

"Hey, babe. What are you doing out here alone so late?" A guy in a white polo said. Another guy in a nice blue shirt started to place his hands on my lower back. Shit. My throat started to burn worse than ever. My body started to boil in anger. I could smell their sweet blood mixed with alcohol. I could even see their veins showing through their skin. I just wanted to rip out their throats, so fucking badly.

"Don't fucking touch me." I said, standing my ground. They 'acted' impressed that I was standing my ground. That made it even worse. They started to surround me. That was when I saw red. I didn't realize it at the time of what I did, but I pushed one of the guys' so hard, he flew back a good ten feet. The other guys looked at me like I was a monster.

"Leave me alone," I finally said, "and don't y'all ever touch another woman, without her permission, you assholes." With that I left the stunned guys, heading to a small library that just opened again, from Covid that shut it down.

I quickly made my way to the back of the library to calm myself down. There was no one sitting in the back of the library, so I sat down in one of the comfy chairs, as I pulled my mask down and lean forward, putting my head in my hands. I closed my eyes and blocked everything out.

I didn't hear her at first, but I wasn't alone. The first thing I noticed, was her smell. She smelt sweet, but not like a human. She had no heartbeat and every single movement was silent. I had a gut feeling, so I lifted my head to look at this person.

She was hot, to be honest. She had long reddish brown hair and golden eyes. She was wearing black slacks and a tan sweater that was tucked into her slacks. She was also wearing black pumps and what looks like a crested leather bracelet on her right wrist. I just couldn't help but stare at her, as she held a copy of "Romeo and Juliet".

She is a vampire too.

"You're one too?" I questioned.

"Yeah and you're a newborn." She said.

I had a confused look on my face, "What's a newborn?"

"Has no one helped you?" I shook my head. She looks at me deeply, like she was deciding on something. "Me and my family can help you." She finally said.

"Wait, there's more of you? Our kind?" I said, standing up from the chair.

"Yeah there's more of us. Not to many vamps come where it's sunny all the time." She said. She gave a half smile, "I'm Bella by the way." She held out her hand.

"I'm Tris." I said, and shook her hand.

"Follow me. It would be better if we go back to our place, where we can talk freely." Bella said.

"Lead the way." I said. So Bella puts her mask on and start to lead the way, as I pulled my mask back up. I followed her out to the parking lot. She unlocked her brand fucking new Mercedes and we both got in. This chick got to be rich rich. Hey, eat the rich.

"Where are we heading to?" I asked, taking my mask off.

"We have a house close to the Everglades, right outside of Miami." Bella said, as she took her mask off too, "We go hunting out there."

"Oh. So you hunt?" I said, "Some of my cousins like to hunt too." Bella giggled as she pulled onto the highway.

"What?" I questioned.

"It's nothing. I mean you're a newborn with no help or guidance. When I say hunt, I mean we feed on animals. That's how we live. We also don't feed on humans." I glance outside the car window when she said that they don't feed on humans. "Ah, so you have already fed on a person."

"Yeah." I said sadly, "It happened when I woke up from changing. I thought I was on some hardcore drugs. Then my body took over. I killed him and I ran home. Luckily, I didn't kill my roommate. Her scent drove me fucking crazy man."

"Our father or my father-in-law technically, he will be able to help you. He'll be able to teach you self control."

I gave a small smile, "Thank god. How worse can 2020 get? I mean first the wildfire, then Kobe, then Rona, then Murder Hornets, and then all of the rioting and protest. Now there's fucking vampires. What else is there? Am I gonna have to yell fucking 'Jumanji' New Years?"

"You will have to see." Bella said. The way she said it she knew more events will happen or she knew someone who did.

"I guess so." I said, as she sped down the highway. I could tell I can trust Bella for some reason. She just gave me that certain vibe for some reason.