17

We continued to hold hands, as we watched the sun rise. When the sun was beyond the horizon, I jumped down from the tree, landing perfectly with my bare feet. Aidan followed my actions. Our skin was still shining, which can get quite annoying, in my opinion. So, I walked farther into the swap, to stand behind a tree with Aidan following me, like a lost dog.

"Sorry." I said, leaning against the tree. "Me glittering gets annoying."

Aidan chuckled, "No, it's fine." So, he stands in the shadows with me.

"I have a weird question." I awkwardly said. Aidan looked at me, waiting for me to ask him. "Do you have any sort of "gift"?" I made the finger quotation marks.

"You mean a vampire's power?" I nod my head, confirming him. "Well I do in fact. I can manipulate people's minds." The face I gave Aidan, made him chuckle. "Don't worry. I never really use my power that much. I only use it, when I'm feeding on humans. But one thing I know for a fact, I will never use it on you or anyone close to you."

I sigh in relief, "Good. Because if I ever found out you used your gift on me," My face got darker, "I will kill you. That's a promise."

"Yes, I understand, love." He said, in that damn accent of his.

"Good." I stood there thinking, if he can manipulate people mind's, then while he was human he was good at manipulating people. I can't let my guard down too much.

"What about you?" He questioned, "Do you have a power?"

"Yeah, uh." How do I explain my gift? Yeah, I can heal people with my hands, as I'm feeling their pain. It's stupid. "I can heal people with my hands, basically."

"That's awesome." Aidan smiled, "How did you find out you had your power? Someone must've hurt themselves for you to heal them?"

"Yeah, Renesmee. She's half vampire, half human."

"Wait," Aidan interrupted me "How is that possible? I've never heard such a thing before."

"Her mother, Bella, was human. Her father, Edward, is a vampire. From what they told me, Bella nearly died from carrying Renesmee, before Edward changed Bella." I said, then I continued on how I found out my gift. "But Renesmee, she fell down the stairs, broke her ankle, and then something inside me took over. I placed my hands on her leg, taking the pain away from her, as her leg healed."

"That's incredible." He said, then he placed his hand on my cheek, looking into my eyes. "You are honestly a wonderful person."

I chuckled, "Will you stop showering me with compliments?"

Aidan wrap his arm around my waist, "Never." We were inches apart. I could feel every single tingle, throughout my body from where Aidan is touching me. I could smell his scent. It overpowered my senses, smelling the sweetness. I was intoxicated at how close he is to me. He starts to lean closer to me, but I turned my head. I didn't want him to kiss me just yet.

"I'm sorry, Aidan." I said, turning back to face him. He looked broken. "I just met you. Yes, I feel the bond, but I want to go slow. I've been hurt so many times, that it's gonna take me a bit to fully trust you."

"I understand. I will wait until you ask me. But can I at least do something?" He said, tucking another flyaway behind my ear.

"What?" I questioned. That was when he leaned in, kissing the spot between my eyebrows. I internally melted at the brief contact. I lowkey wanted more.

"Am I allowed to do that?" Aidan asked kindly.

I smiled, "Yes, you're allowed to do that." He chuckled and kissed my forehead again. "Do you wanna start heading back?" I said.