9

"So," I said, "who's taking me hunting?"

"I will." Bella said, "I found you and more than likely I am responsible for you."

"Cool." I said. Bella gestured for me to follow her, so I did. We walked out the front door and instead of taking the stairs, Bella jumped from the porch.

"What the hell?" I gasped.

Bella smiled, "Now you try it." I took a few steps back and started to run, jumping off of the porch, landing perfectly on the ground.

"Bruh, that was so cool." I smiled, nearly jumping up and down.

"Follow me." Bella said. Then she started to run. To the human eye, it was all a blur. But to a vampire eye, it looked perfectly normal.

As we ran, all of the trees and swamps, were a blur as we ran. But my vision was like a tunnel, looking straight ahead. I could dodge in and out of everything. Everything felt perfectly normal to me. Which was weird.

Bella stopped running, so I stopped.

"What?" I questioned, looking around. We was on higher ground, so everything wasn't mushy.

"Listen." Was all she said. I closed my eyes, so I could concentrate harder on listening to everything around me.

Then the smallest of sounds, started to get louder. I could hear squirrels running across trees. I could hear gators hissing and crawling across mud. I could hear the little pats of deers walking. I even could hear panthers purring in the woods. Then I could smell the animals. The deer smelt lighter, than the panther. It is honestly hard to describe it. I open my eyes to see Bella looking at me.

"I can heard everything." I said, in amazement.

"Yeah," Bella said, "What do you want to feed on?"

I gave a confused look, "What's the difference?"

"Deer eats plants. Panthers eat meat."

"Ooh." I said, "I'll try a panther, I guess." I mean, this is the weirdest conversation, I honestly have ever had. What do I want to eat? Panther or deer? Like what the heck.

"Just follow the sound and smell of the panther. I'll be close by." Bella said, ushering me to go. So I ran. I followed the heavy scent of the panther, to a waterhole. Trees and bushes covered the waterhole, so I hid behind a small oak tree. I could feel my inner predator wanting to escape. I could be wild, if I wanted to.

I watched the panther, as it drank from the waterhole. I stayed as quiet, as I could. Once the panther was finished drinking, it started to walk away. That was when I leaped from behind the tree, pouncing the animal. It started attacking me, trying to bite and scratch me. I held its face and stomach down. I could feel its blood pounding through the skin. That was when I let me inner animal out.

I growled, chomping into the neck of the panther. All of the blood, started to gush out into my mouth. I hit an artery. The blood was warm, but it tasted like it was missing something. I continued to drink, spilling the blood all over my mouth and legs.

I pulled back, when the panther quit fighting me. I looked down, to see it laboring its breathing. Poor panther. I could feel my eyes starting to show empathy toward this animal, but I need to learn to control my thirst. So I bit back into the panther neck, sucking it dry.

I stood up when I was finished, I glance around, trying to find Bella. That was when she came out of the woods part, walking towards me.

"How did you like it?" She asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "It was good, but it tasted like something was off about it."

"It's not like human blood or what I've heard about it, but it makes due."