Chapter 8~ If It Were Easy A Man Would Do It

When we boarded the plane I could practically feel every single man's anxiety. I couldn't blame them if I was normal I would feel the same way but, then again I'm not so, I was rather excited. The mood in the airplane was getting me down so I started singing some Russian tunes.  At first, all the men looked at me, and then one by one the mood in the aircraft shifted and everyone was singing like old friends. I realized something singing among those men, I missed having friends. For so long I thought it was a gift that was given to me, that I never really realized all the faults. No friends, no more family, only war. And war is just a reason for more hate. But, here on this plane, there are only comrades ready to die for one another. Maybe sometimes there are good things that come out of war and tragedy. My life is one of those things, maybe someday someone else's would be too. A new life gave out of tragedy. And only because of tragedy does that life exist. Soon we landed and everybody seemed anxious again. As they were lining up I realized that some of these men might not make it back to base. I made it my mission to make sure they all do. Then we all filed out.

"Soldiers get in formation. Defense lines to the West and East. We go in from the south and the north." The soldier in charge pointed at my group and the group next to us. "These two groups will be infiltrating." He gave us the rest of the instructions. My team would be infiltrating from the South while the other North and the two other teams take the East and West. "Your mission is to get the ruby no matter what cost. Do you understand soldiers?" We all shouted.

"Sir, yes sir!" We all cocked our guns and made our way to the South entrance. When we finally got there they loaded the door with explosives.

"Fire." One soldier shouted. We heard a big bang and we all stormed inside. People were shooting at us and the men next to me shot back. I realized at some point I would have to kill someone. I thought I was ready. I think Vlad was right. No, I know he was right. I can't do this. I can't do this. I started hyperventilating and having a panic attack. I couldn't pay attention and my powers were going haywire. That's when I realized my disguise was down. Here I was a girl clear as day panicking in the middle of a fight. I remembered a saying my mom told me once. She said if it were easy a man would do it. Then, I didn't know what she meant. Now, I do. I calmed myself down and I didn't put back my disguise. I want them to know that when this is all said and done I was the one who brought that ruby home.

Let's get to work.