Chapter 14~ A Date

I opened the door and Steve stares at me. I look at his tidied-up hair and his neat put-on uniform. I notice he keeps his eyes away from my chest though. I chuckle lightly to myself.

"What?" Steve asks and does a cute confused look on his face. "Do I not look right?"

"No, you look perfect. It's just I can tell your trying not to look at my chest. Is there something wrong with it?" I ask jokingly and Steve blushes a deep red.

"Ohh. What! No! You look great it's just that—well you have a nice chest—-not that I was paying attention." He stammered. I laughed.

"I'm just joking Steve." He takes a deep breath and continues.

"You look beautiful." He spoke.

"You don't look that bad yourself Rogers." I smiled at him. "Sorry I couldn't do more there weren't many options."

"I think you look great wearing anything." He says and holds out his hand. "Shall we?" I nod and take it. He leads me outside and to a small path leading into the woods.

"Are we even aloud to be out here?" I ask.

"I won't say anything if you don't," Steve responded smiling mischievously.

"I'm seeing a whole new side of you Rogers. I like it."

"Close your eyes." He slowed down his pace.

"Okay...." I shut my eyes slowly. I felt Steve move behind me and put his hands on my waist. I felt warmth radiate from his hands.

"May I?" He asked like the gentlemen he is.

"Go right ahead." He gently pushed me forward for a couple of steps than stopped.

"You can sit." He guided me down and I felt a blanket underneath me. Then I heard sound in front of me and Steve spoke. "You can open your eyes." And I did slowly to see a picnic laid out in front of me.

"No way. How'd you get all of this?"

"I asked the cooks nicely."

"Of course you did." I chuckled to myself and took a piece of bread and swallowed. "So you want to get to know me better right?"

"That's the plan."

"Okay then ask away..." Steve takes eats some crackers and starts.

"Favorite childhood memory?"

"There was a deer I used to take care of. Daisy. I guess the first time I met her was one of my favorite memories. You?"

"The first time I met my friend Bucky."

"You speak of him a lot. Do you love him?" I say with I must admit a little bit of jealousy.

"Of course I do he's my best friend but not like that. I like dames and so does Buck. He loves dames too much to even look at a guy." He says. I chuckle.

"So he's a flirt," I respond. Steve shrugs.

"He's a good guy. Loyal. If you get the chance to date him."

"Good thing I'm not interested in him then. I'm interested in his blue-eyed, blonde-haired friend." I said smiling at Steve and Steve responded with his perfect smile.

"What's the worst thing that happened to you?"

"Going deep there Rogers?"

"Only way to crack your shell."

"I guess the worst thing that happened to me was when my parents died."

"My parents are gone too. Dad in service and Mom helping out the sick."

"So we're a couple of orphans then."

"I guess so." I took my canteen and raised it up.

"To being orphans." Steve raised his canteen too.

"To being orphans." And we clinked our canteens together.

"What was your mom's name?" I ask Steve.

"Sarah. Yours?"

"Melanie. My dad's was Oliver."

"Joseph. If you don't mind how'd they die? Your parents?"

"I was messing around with something and they paid the price." Steve could tell I didn't want to talk about it and changed the subject.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"Will you come with me? When I get the serum?"

"Are you sure? I mean you barley know me."

"Not true. I know you have had a rough go of it but you're strong. I know you like animals and I know you have some compassion underneath everything. Plus I'll get to know you in the next few weeks right?"

"You'll probably change your mind by then."

"Want to bet?" He smiles at me. "'Cause from where I'm sitting I like you more and more every second."

"What a coincidence. I continue to get fonder of you by the second as well." We both laugh.

"We should probably go back to camp. Wouldn't want to be tired tomorrow."

"You're right." Steve holds out his hand to me and I take it. He leads me back towards the dorm. "I had a great time tonight Rogers. Thank you. And about the serum, I'll think about it."

"See you tomorrow Y/N." He smiles and turns to go. Before he does I grab his hand and kiss his cheek.

"See you tomorrow Steve."