Chapter 16~My Truth

Must it always be an explosion? You probably think I'm used to these things by now but I'm not. My ears are ringing but clear as day I can see someone taking the serum and the doctor getting shot. Steve stays with the doctor but I dash out the door following him. There were three. The one who shot the doctor and the one who took the serum and another helping them all escape. Steve and Peggy came out behind me. The men went into a car and Peggy started shooting at him. She killed the driver and the guy who killed the doctor started shooting at her.

"Steve, get Peggy out of the way." I could just see the collision and Steve pushed her out of the way. Then I spoke to Steve again. "Go get the car. I'll catch up with you." I looked at Steve. He looked at me worriedly and then dashed after the car. I went into an alleyway and flew up. I couldn't let Steve see my fly since we'll he still doesn't know I have unique capabilities. I spot the car and Steve chasing after it. I laugh to myself a little because he is faster than he used to be but he can't control it. Then I see the men separate. One man with the serum heads to the docs and the one with the gun goes into an alleyway. Steve followed the one with the serum and I dropped down into the alleyway. The man was struggling to open a door to get into the building.

"Pity. I thought I would have to chase you more." I said to him the man turned around frightened.

"Blood Queen, please have mercy."

"You're hydra? Why are you here?" My powers start powering up and I can see in the reflection of the man's eyes that my eyes were glowing.

"We didn't receive contact from you. So we decided to act."

"You'll get a contact when I want you to. You don't mess with my jurisdiction." I said angrily.

"You wouldn't hurt me. I'll tell everyone about you." He said confidently. I laugh.

"I wasn't going to hurt you," I said to him smiling. "But I am going to kill you." He started firing his gun and I laughed as the bullets bounced off of me. "Tragic," I said looking at him pityingly. Then I spoke. "Heart." The next thing I knew his heart was in my hand and a gaping hole was in his chest. I let the heart drop and sighed. "Right on my outfit too. Disgusting." I looked at him. Then I turn around and at the beginning of the alley there he is. Steve. I could see the betrayal in his eyes and he rushed toward me and pinned me against the wall.

"Who are you?" He said angrily.

"Steve..." I started.

"Don't. I said who are you?"

"Can I buy you a drink first?" I said to him. "Please? It'll be worth your time." He looked at me for a while and then let me go. "Hold my waist." He looked at me distrustfully. "Please." He slowly slid his hands around my waist and I flew up and landed in the back alley of a bar in Brooklyn. "Come on." We got into the bar and I took a booth in the back. Steve slid in right next to me. At a painful distance.

"So. Explain." He looked at me.

"I came here from an organization called Hydra. But as soon as I met you I decided I wasn't going to help them. And that's it I swear."

"Just like that, you stopped?"

"For you Steve? Yes."

"I saw that man's heart in your hand."

"I know. I'm not proud of it. Sometimes there's this feeling that I want to hurt someone and I can't stop. I kind of like it in a way."

"Do you want to hurt me?"

"Of course not I want to protect you the most." Steve looked at me as if trying to decide whether to hear more or not. He decided to stay. So I continued. "When I was young I went into the woods and there was this light. Then I went too far into it and it blew up my house, killed my parents, and left me with these blessings." I said the last word slowly because were they, truly, blessings? 

"What can you do?"

"I'm bulletproof. I have flight, strength, telekinesis, telepathy, I can cast illusions, and I'm extremely skilled in combat and in the art of spying and everything that comes with it. I have these energy blasts that can blind and cut through metal. And I've used to be good at communicating with animals when I was younger now it's manifested into that I can talk to them and hear their thoughts. And that's all I know..over time and age they grow and manifest into more" Steve was quiet for a while.

"What's Hydra?"

"They are a part of the Nazis. It's their science and research division. From a young age, they took me captive, in fear of my life I did what they needed me to do. At some point like I said I started to like it too. I became numb and had even fun with it. It's like I don't want to do it but if it's right there in front of me why not have some fun?"

"That's a sad way of looking at it."

"It's the only way. It's what I was taught."

"Why do they want the serum?."

The serum that is in your veins is a version of my blood. My mentor took my DNA in a plot to betray me and my blood got around to your scientist who made two versions. Your good version and the bad version."

"Which he gave to the bad guy... Johann Schmidt." Steve added.

"Yes, also known as Red Skull. The serum in general is a very very diluted version of my blood since it's so strong. But that's it. I promise. There's no more to tell you." Steve was silent and I couldn't bear it. "Please forgive me, Steve. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to know what I am and who I used to work for. I didn't want to be a bad person for you."

"You're not working for them now?"

"No. When I saw you when I met you I decided not to report back. Please don't be mad at me Steve. I'm sorry." Steve sat closer to me and held my hand.

"You should've told me. I would never think differently of you."

"I know that now. I'm sorry."

"I think we shouldn't tell anyone at the moment. Tensions are high, we don't have a serum anymore and the doctor just died."

"Yeah, but I feel better knowing you know my secret. Can you forgive me?"

"Always." Then he leaned in and kissed me. "I got your back."

"And I got yours."