Chapter 17~ Ms. America

Steve and I headed back to the unground compound. They just took out the doctor's body just as we came in. I looked at Steve's sad face and held his hand.

"It'll be okay," I spoke to him and he just shook his head. They take Steve away from me to take out his blood because all the vials of the serum are gone and I'm sure as hell not going to give them my blood, not like they would know to take it anyways. Peggy pulls me over.

"Where were you?" She asks sharply.

"I went to go track one of the guys down."

"Okay....after that. We don't have time for your personal business Y/n."

"Take a breather Pegs. The job was done I got a drink and that was it. It's been a long day."

"And you don't think it's been a long day for everyone else?"

"I know Peggy and I'm sorry but you can't take out your problems on me. I'm doing the best I can." She sighed heavily.

"I know that Y/n and I appreciate it but we are on a lot of pressure right now. We don't have serum and Steve won't be able to serve because they're going to want to keep testing on him, this whole thing is a mess."

"Yeah, I can tell by everyone's tensions..." Steve came up from behind me.

"Mr. Rogers, you're famous now, I believe you can still help out." Some guy in a suit came up to Steve and showed him a newspaper. Steve took it from his hands and it was a picture of him with a cab door blocking bullets. "Mr. Rogers I can offer you something other than being stuck in a lab. You see I sell bonds."

"You want me to be a salesman?"

"We'll not just you, you have a fine dame here who could do the job with you. And you won't be just sells men or woman ," he looked at me and continued "you'll be the face of America!"

"Ha! Face of America, you're on something mister," I spoke and Steve looked at me. "What?"

"It's better than a lab and I'll still be helping."

"Steve, come on you just can't give up."

"I'm not giving up, I'm just choosing to fight another battle." I looked at him and sighed.

"Okay let's do it."

"You don't have to."

"I go. You go, Rogers."

"Great then let's get started." The man started pushing us to the door.

"Hey wait you can't just leave!" I turn around to see it was Peggy talking.

"I can Peggy there's nothing for me here."

"Just because Steve can't work in the army doesn't mean you can't. You have so much potential."

"Peggy...I'm not the person you think I am. I can't stay here, you have to trust me on this one."

"Okay, I will. I do but, when you're ready. Come back."

"I will. I promise.

"Well for now you could at least say goodbye." And then she wrapped me in a friendly hug.

"Goodbye, Peg." I let go and the man took us to his fancy car.

"So let's talk about your brand new names!" The man starts too excitedly.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.

"We'll I was thinking Steve could be Captain America and you could be Ms. America."

"Captain America....it suits you Steve."

"What no comment about how my name starts with Captain and yours starts off with Ms. ?"

"Nope. I believe with Captain you can appeal to the troops more and with Ms I can relate to people who don't have much representation. And I'm not ashamed of the fact that I'm a woman so why not it be in my name?" I replied and Steve chuckled to himself.

"You are one smart woman."

"You expected anything less?" I responded and laughed lightly.

"So now that's settled and we should be arriving soon. Here are some things that will also happen. You will be given a costume and a script. You read off the script get off the stage and then sign and take some photos. And boom you just helped the US Army. Make sense?" The man in a suit informs us.

"Yeah I guess. But I'm telling you right now if my costume is a short skirt I'm not wearing it."

"Actually....it's quite the opposite."