Chapter 10~Traitor

"Did you know how many men you killed in that room?" I was sitting in front of the General who Vlad told me was there the night of the "miracle".

"No. I don't." I say calmly not putting any emotion out there. These men were not the kind whom you mess up in front of. Nor, do they care about your feelings or......your life.

"56. 56 men you killed." I suppressed my shock. That many? I didn't even notice. Is that a good thing? I didn't speak. The general continued. "You disobey your trainer. You kill 56 men. You come back with the ruby. Am I correct?"

"Yes sir."

"Anything else to add to the list?"

"No sir." He sits there looking at me for a second then smiles.

"I've never been prouder than anyone before." He says. I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding in. "Vlad tells me he thinks you're ready for more. And he picked out your code name. Blood Queen. I kind of like it. One day it'll strike fear into the hearts of our enemies. Don't you agree?" I nod my head slowly. 

"Yes sir."

"Great then." He drops a file down in front of me. "Your mission is to kill a traitor. Selling our secrets to America. America," He scoffs. "a sad excuse for a country." I don't say anything but I remember Mom telling me she wanted to take me one day. She said they have some of the best sunrises.

"When do I leave?"

"There's no need to leave. You're gonna kill him while he sleeps. Here. Tonight."

"Who is this traitor?"

"Vlad. Of course." I stop and lookup.

"What? Never! He wouldn't!"

"Look at the file." I open it quickly scanning the pages. Each one is filled with pictures and receipts. Then there was what he was selling. Data on me. This whole time he played me. He was selling me out. All along. I grew with rage. All I could remember were his smiles and his encouragement. When I thought he cared, he didn't. It was all a lie. A sick twisted lie. No. I won't let this pass.

"How do you want it done?" I ask coldly. The general smiled.

"However you see fit." I nod my head.

"I need something from you then."

"Ask away."

"That ruby. I want it put into a weapon of my design."

"And what design is that?"

"A whip. I want it to be the shape of a snake. I want it to change into different weapons too. Different animals when it changes. But the eyes will stay the same. With the ruby."

"You ask a lot. But with Hydra's sciences division it can be done."

"By tonight? Because I want to kill that traitor with something I asked him for." The general smiled coldly.

"Well if that's the reason. Then yes. It will be done." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Pleasure to do business with you." I walk out of the room my head held high. I go straight towards my room and close the door. Then, I broke down. How could be so stupid? Honestly? Does everything end up bad for me? I stand up straight and head to the training room. I won't be caught off guard. Not tonight. I punch the punching bag over and over and over again until it comes off and flies across the room.

"Training when you just came back?" I know that voice. Vlad.

"Of course. Wasn't it you that taught me there's always more room for improvement? So naturally, where else would I be?"

"I'm proud of you." All I wanted to say was that I didn't care. Or maybe to just take his life right then and there. But I knew I had to wait until tonight. So all I did was smile.

"You weren't proud of me before?"

"Yes, I've always been. But tonight you proved yourself. To everyone. Including me. And I applaud you for that."

"Are you going to sleep soon?"

"Heading on my way now. It's been a long day. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Or sooner," I mumble.

"Mhm, you said something?"

"No, of course not goodnight."

"Night my queen." He did a silly bow. Usually, I would have eaten that up but tonight? I just fake laughed while wanting to slice his throat. I went back to my room and prepared. I took a shower and stood in front of my wardrobe. All I saw was Black, white, and most of all red.

"I'll show you who's a blood queen." I put on a black and white marbled jacket. Then some black leather pants with red laced wedged high boots. And a red corset. It's crazy to think I'm just a fifteen-year-old, I've had grown up fast. I put my daggers in place and a gun in my holster. I heard a knock on my door. When I open the door I saw a package. "Where did you come from?" I curiously open the bag. In there like a crown embedded in black and white jewels. With a huge ruby at the center. Glorious. Then I saw my whip. Beautiful in its prime. It started moving and slithered its way around my wrist like a bracelet. "Truly amazing." I gawked at it. Then there was a letter attached. It read:

Don't let us down
~HYDRA

It'ss time. I put on my crown and I made my way to his room.

Then I knocked on his door.