38 - The Fountain

It was a chilly November afternoon when Bea took a walk through her garden. Julio had cut back most of the perennials, which was a big job in a garden the size of hers. If she had another husband, he may not cater to gardening whims. Bea wondered if Bill ever wished in the fountain. Smiling, he would probably wish for a successful business acquisition. Her husband could be romantic, but he would say he already won her years ago.

The evening before, Sage had hosted Sloane's birthday. It was a small gathering, but most everyone was excited about Sloane's new friends, especially Julio. Meeting the baseball players might have come in third behind his wedding day and the day Lina was born.

Bea frowned as she approached the fountain. One guest was not as excited as Julio. No matter, she had a plan. Now if she could only figure out a way for Tori to move on. Seeing Sloane happy with a handsome man must have stung for her younger sister, too.

Victoria Calhoun had a heart of gold, but she had committed it to the wrong man. Years ago when Grace and Vanessa talked about the teenage couple's future, Bea knew first love rarely lasted. Hers hadn't. They had already witnessed the end of Sloane and Monty, but the mothers continued to encourage the teens.

Sloane's one and only had been playing baseball while she loved Monty. Who would be Tori's one and only? Bea was glad hers was Bill. The one she thought it might have been hadn't been able to keep a wife and had gone bankrupt more times than Trump.

Bea hadn't planned to make a wish, but she had children she worried about. Giggling, she knew they were adults. The fountain would freeze over soon, but the ice never stopped anyone from throwing a coin. All that was needed was a stick. She flipped a coin and heard the familiar plip, as she said, "Bring my trio true love."

Thanks for reading and voting ⭐️

Scroll for Sloane and Ben's video.