33 - Missed calls

Kenzie was persistent and wanted to know about every moment he and Sloane spent together. He didn't kiss and tell which frustrated his nosy sister.

"What is Sloane saying?" He was deflecting as much as he was digging.

"Nothing. I haven't had a conversation with her since her party. She works too much. Just tell the truth, do you like her?"

"I don't hate her." He smirked.

"Argh! You're no help!"

He laughed as he enjoyed his chance to torture his sister. Jett laughed, although he might have regretted it after Kenzie sent him dagger eyes. He wasn't certain how he felt about her. He knew he wanted to see her again. Playing things cool was hard. He called her just to hear her voice and ended the call with a date.

After securing the most sought after reservation in Beantown, Ben cursed his cast. He wanted his freedom back but immediately chastised himself for being so selfish. It wasn't a career ending injury like his father endured. He had met too many fans with challenging disabilities, so he had no right to moan about a month or two with a cast, even when it was damn itchy and irritating.

Ben arrived at Sloane's just as Dominic was leaving on his date. Dominic appraised him. "You look hot. Where are you taking her?"

He looked down at his sports coat. He dressed similarly for her birthday party. "Dinner. What about you two?"

"I'm taking him to Harvard Square. He's new to town."

"Have fun!"

Dominic winked. "You too. No home run."

The two men laughed as they got in the car. He turned back toward the door and he stopped when he saw her. She wore a skirt which showed off her gorgeous legs.

"Did you hear him?" He felt embarrassed.

She nodded. "That's just Dom. He likes to tease me."

"You look beautiful." He took large steps to close the distance between them. Reaching his good arm up, he caressed her cheek and cupped her chin. She licked her lips just before he captured them. "I've been thinking of that all day."

She blushed. "All day?"

He smiled. "I lied. Since you left on Saturday night."

She gasped. He wanted her, but it was not the night to knock it out of the park. He followed her inside and pulled out a tie. He probably could manage, but having her tie it was more fun.

She smiled, and he put his hand on her hip and left it there. He liked the heat from the reaction of her body touching his. Her fingers grazed his neck, and he resisted the urge to pull her body against his.

"Perfect." She gave it one last tug.

He kissed her again, but reluctantly pulled away too soon. "We have an eight o'clock reservation."

They passed by Boston College on their way in town and talked about college. "You must have had girls flocking you."

"I don't know. I didn't date anyone serious."

"Kenzie said you did."

"My sister doesn't know what she's talking about." He was never serious because he was stupid for thinking Kimmy needed to grow up.

He sensed her looking at him. "You disappeared again."

He let out a nervous laugh. "I'm not Harry Potter and I am still driving."

His stupid joke successfully changed the subject to the series about the boy wizard.

Ben sighed. "I never understood Kenzie, she liked those stupid vampire books better."