Whom the Hell?!

Bakugo knew he was a dick.

A jackass. A jerk. A dumbass. Whatever the hell people called him. It was all true.

It wasn't that big of a deal for him until he had a realization when the villains kidnap him. They saw more potential for him as a villain than normal people seeing him as a hero. He was thankful that Eraserhead had stood up for him to be a hero, but it felt like nobody really thought him to be an actual hero.
They just see a great quirk that can be used, and not him as an actual person. Even when he was young, he got excused for whatever he did just because his quirk was perfect for heroics.

He started to get help with therapy after the kidnapping ordeal made him have bad night terrors. Night after night, he had horrible nightmares taunting him while he slept. Nightmares where he was still trapped with the villains that were going to turn him into a Nomu since he didn't want to become one of them willingly. Nightmares where he was on the podium in the sports festival where it would switch to the villains having them in their grasp. It got even worse when he started to have bad dreams about his own classmates turning on him and calling him a villain when all he could do was sit back and watch them disappear. With his first therapy session, he got instructed to go to anger management classes to try to help him.

In the beginning, he thought he was the best of the best, better than anyone in his whole life until he got to UA. And found out something important. He wasn't special. He wasn't the better than anyone when he showed up.

He wasn't someone important there, he was just another trainee. People had better quirks, better personalities, and more potential. He was just an angry bomb that didn't want to make any friends.

He was silently thankful that Kirishima made the first move to befriending him. And with Kirishima, the rest of the named 'Bakusquad' formed. And he was thankful. The rest of his class grew to tolerate him and at least talk to him like a normal person.

But no matter how much he made headway into getting better with his feelings. Guilt from the past always made their way into his eyes.

Midoriya Izuku

Deku

The first friend he ever made and the only friend he ever regretted losing.
He made his life hell! And what for?

When he was younger, he saw Izuku reaching out to him to help him up was him calling Bakugo weak. So he just wanted to make Izuku feel weak next to him. He wanted to make Izuku fit into a place that was away from him and his future life as a hero. Izuku made it difficult since he always saw past all the shit he put him through. He tried each and every day to push him away only for Izuku to come running back to him. It didn't matter if he traveled another kid, Izuku would be there to stand between them to try and coerce Bakugo to stop it. It went on for several years. He never really felt truly bad or upset at what he was doing since he convinced himself that he was actually helping Izuku because he was going to get killed as a pro hero.

Until that one day. That one day that he told Izuku to jump off the roof and wish for a quirk in the next life.

He wished he could take it back ever since the words left his mouth. After that day, Izuku grew more disinterested in everything they did in class. He referred to him as Bakugo and not Kacchan. That made him feel something, but he hid it back behind a grimace. Somehow he saw Izuku at the entrance exam for UA and felt betrayed and confused about why he was there. He felt anger at seeing him in the top scores with rescue points. But utter confusion when he didn't see him in the same class. Maybe he was in a different hero class?

He asked Mr. Aizawa about it since he scored high enough in the written and got enough points. That alone shocked him. What made Izuku give up trying to go to UA? Until he heard from his homeroom teacher that he was accepted into the General Education class, but refused the offer.