Thinking Over Life

Seven shots of caramel.

That's is what Izuku put in his coffee that morning when he came to work.

Safe to say, the caffeine running through his veins wasn't going away anytime soon. And it was worth it. Izuku has had a lot of time to think since Bakugo hasn't retried anything for about two weeks, it set Izuku on edge since he didn't know when he would show up. If he ever did. For two weeks back to basically his old life before Bakugo came in, he had a lot of time to think, but he still doesn't know what to think of it.

Bakugo kept trying to make him see himself as a hero, but he honestly doesn't know. How was he supposed to feel?! Bakugo made his life miserable, so why does he keep thinking about what he said like his words even matter.

'Because deep down I still want to be a hero,' Izuku's inner thoughts came to whisper in his ear. He shook his head to get rid of that unrelenting whisper of hope.

'No, he is fine. He doesn't need to be a hero. His life is perfectly normal now.' Izuku tried to argue back to his inner thoughts. 'I don't need anything else. I'm happy with the way things are. I'm fine.'

Izuku was so close to making another seven-shot coffee to drown out the arguing thoughts that just overlap each other.

Ayano, his boss, saw the way Izuku was shaking near the coffee machine, utterly out of it. She winced when she saw the coffee cup he drank from. "Geez, seven shots of caramel? Hopefully, this isn't an espresso..." Ayano mumbled.

When Izuku tried to continue with a simple order with his hands jittering, Ayano stepped in to stop him. Ayano offered, "How about you go home for today? There are not that many people to deal with right now and I think you need a little rest from the caffeine boost you have."

"What? No, I'm fine. I'm totally fine. Why can I taste the air? I don't know." Izuku rambled, trying to lazily take the cup back from Ayano's hands.

"Yeah... go home for today. And maybe call the second job to stay home." Ayano softly ordered him.

"But I'm okay!" Izuku argued back.

Ayano furrowed her brow in worry, "No, you are not! Midoriya, I can practically see you vibrating. Go home and rest."

"But—," Izuku started.

"But nothing. You deserve to rest for the day, and if you aren't feeling up to it you don't have to come in tomorrow. Come back when you are feeling absolutely better than right now."

"I-," Izuku tried to start only to receive a threatening look from Ayano. "I understand, Ayano-San."

"Good. Now go and relax." Ayano said, pushing him to the break room to take off his apron and check out. "I'll deal with the rest."

Izuku calmed himself inside the break room, taking off his apron. He signed out with his card with a frustrated frown. With a sigh, he locked up his locker and took the back entrance to go home.

What was he supposed to feel?

*

Izuku still felt the buzz of the earlier coffee in his system while he walked home. It wasn't that far of a walk honestly, but his head was filled with thoughts. He was walking past an alleyway, unable to hear or see a figure running down the alleyway towards him.

What am I supposed to think of this? When is he coming back? Will he be coming back anytime soon? Why does he keep ordering me to be a hero? When will he stop with that? Am I even—

"Give me your money!" The mugger demanded, grabbing a hold of his arm tight.

"Ahhh!" Izuku screamed, freaking out from the sudden appearance. He punches him straight in the face to knock him away.