Talking it Out

Paperwork was hell.

Don't get him wrong. When he was given it, he knew damn well that he was going to make sure everything was right. In fact, that aspect made the people from his old class still seek some of his help with their own paperwork.

Anyway, it did take a long time to get through it all especially since he was working from home that day and didn't have everything he needed in front of him. He was working from home since he took a day off from patrol to talk with Izuku without any distractions.

They could only call them in if it was an emergency. So when Bakugo finally sent off the last email, he cleaned up his desk before heading out the door to travel to Izuku's apartment.

"I guess this is the place," Bakugo said when he noticed the old car that Izuku always drove around. He wasn't wearing his hero costume, so he wasn't as easily recognizable on the street.

He went up the stairs right up to the door with the room number that Izuku told him about. He knocked only to be met with a voice from the inside calling out for him to give them a second he waited until the door swung open to reveal Izuku in a white t-shirt and finally pajama pants.

"Hey," Izuku greeted

Bakugo nodded back at, "Hey yourself."

Izuku gestured for him to come in, so he walked inside and immediately got hit with the familiarity of the apartment layout. It was smaller than he thought, but it had the same kind of feel as Aunt Inko's place. When the door was open, he could see the full kitchen area on the left and the living area to the right. And there was a hallway in the back three doors. One of them was slightly open revealing the inside of a bathroom. So he could only assume at least one of the the other doors was the bedroom.

The decor was simple. More simple than he thought Izuku would have. But despite the calm greens and brown colors, he could see multiple pops of color from small items around the room. Like a small Shoto figure, so small it looked like it was from those toys given in kid's meals.

"So..." Bakugo breathed out.

"Tea or coffee," At Bakugo's confused look, Izuku rolled his eyes as he started to explain. "I'm guessing this will be a long ass talk. Be warned, I'm better at cofffee than tea."

Bakugo pursed his lips together, "I'll take a coffee then."

"Good choice," Midoriya said, already getting started by working in the coffee machine. Bakugo sat down on Izuku's couch while he got to work in the kitchen making two steaming cups of coffee. He waited in silence except for the slight mumbling he heard from inside the kitchen.

"Any sugar or cream?"

"Two sugars." Bakugo replied easily.

"Really?" Izuku hummed in response. He walked over to him with two cups of coffee in his hands, reaching out with one of his arms to give Bakugo his mug. "I thought you would be into the black coffee taste."

"Nope," Bakugo said as he took the mug from Izuku, noticing the grenade shape to the mug. "I don't really drink coffee that often to actually like that taste."

"Hmm," Izuku set down his mug on the table and looked at him. "Go ahead and start."

"Guess I should start at the beginning. I was doing pro hero work when I went to go visit the old hag. After I visited, she let me know that she ran into your mom and how you were doing. I found out about you doing three jobs at once and all of that. At first, I just wanted to see what the hell you were doing. So I checked in on your coffee shop gig one time and saw how weird you looked. And..." Bakugo paused to take a long breath in. "... Seriously, three jobs?"