1. Intro

Cold but comfortable silence embraced you as you flipped the pages of the book you were supposed to study from. you were aware of the moon shining through the big library windows and the murmur of a few students across the room. then realizing, seeing that the library was empty, that it was probably time to head to your room.

You slowly got up, packed your books in your bag and headed out of the library. Making your way to the common room. you rapidly strolled through the now barely lit hallways, with velvet carpets and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, at night these hallways scared you a bit.

You could hear your steps echo through the cold stonewalls you were so used to, even maybe, considering them your home.

Inside these walls nothing ever really changed much for you, sure you had much fun with your friends, you enjoyed clases, especially history and literature, you loved spending your time in the library, or outside near the lake, or at the astronomy tower.

Yet sometimes it seemed as if each year was the same as the previous one. You almost never paid attention to a serious relationship, and if you did, you would sooner or later realise that you weren't able to commit to it. yes, you meet new people, other friends and fellow classmates, you were invited to parties and reunions, but, as much as you enjoyed spending time with them and you considered them good friends, you never got to establish a meaningful, powerful bond with anyone. You had no idea what this school year awaited you, you were oblivious to the fact that someone might change that. 

Sooner than you realised, you arrived at your common room. In the daytime it was an enormous, sun drenched, vibrant and warm room. But at night the only warmth came from the fireplace. There were still people chatting around in front of the fireplace. Those, you recognized to be your friends.

"Hey , where were you?" said your friend Tom. He was a charming boy, tall with light hair. you had known him for a long time now.

"Oh, I was just finishing my history homework at the library" you said before letting out a small yawn.

"Well it's pretty late, and... what's up with all that homework" this time, it was Rachel. Also a close friend of yours. A gorgeous red headed girl.

"I know right, we've just been here for like two weeks" a small chuckle escaped your lips.

"Exactly!" Exclaimed Harry, your other friend. Soft brown hair.

you guys had a point. Junior year had just started and you were kind of startled by the fact that you had already started studying until almost 11pm. Put you didn't mind, you sometimes enjoyed studying, even more when you were in the library.

"Come sit down for a moment" said Tom, patting the space on the couch right beside him.

You were really tired by now but all three of your friends had a hopeful look on their face,it was impossible to say no, so you just gave in and sat right next to tom.

A few minutes had gone by chatting, and without realizing it you had begun falling asleep beside Tom, until he gently smacked your head in a playful maner. "Hey!" you replied. They all just chuckled. " Well, i think i'm gonna go guys' ' you said as you stood up. "Me too," said Harry, "it's getting kinda late." You flashed a faint smile at their goodbyes and headed to your dorm.