23. nothing i said

Things had been the same for that day, and the next. Only you knew better than to keep on physically reaching out for him, trying to get him to listen, almost begging him. You tried to catch his gaze in the halls, but he quickly diverted it whatsoever. No emotion on his face, just endless stares out to nowhere in particular, just far from your eyes.

Annoyed at the fact he was stirring away from you, you woke up Monday morning determined to pin him, even if he didn't want to, he just had to listen, and then, if he wanted to leave, he could. You couldn't care less anymore. If he wanted to walk out on you like he has done many times before, he could do that and you wouldn't stop him. Yes, it would probably hurt like hell, but what could you do? Force him to stay?

Walking into your first class he jumped up once he saw you and instantly acted as if he were busy talking to some friends on the far side of the room. You sat down, trying to pull away the slight angry feeling that arose over you. You tried to pull him in the halls but he disappeared as soon as you walked out. What a coward, it irritates you. It's not that hard to talk... or well, at least you hoped it wouldn't be.

At lunch he completely ignored you. He felt your eyes on him all the time, but he didn't even budge, not once. It irritated you even more the fact that he wouldn't even stir at your abviouse gaze. Well it was obvious for everyone but him. That was it, this wasn't going on any longer.

The last class of the day was after lunch, you walked out of the dinning hall evidently impatient and went to class. You were going to get hold of him and make him stay, at least for a minute. Yo usat at your seat. Nervousness had started building up in you, you could feel it at the tingle of your fingers against the desk, you tried to ignore it. As soon a the last bell rang you hurried out of the classroom into the filling halls of students.

Busy steps and loud murmurs between students filled the air in the hall, you looked from side to side in search of that one person. You walked through the crowd, occasionally bumping into students every now and then. A minute had gone by and you still hadn't found him, the hallway was now starting to clear up, students were now returning to their common rooms or heading outside of the building.

You sighed in the middle of the lessly crowded hallway, there were still groups of students walking or against the walls. That's when your eyes laid on the back of his head some distance in front of you, so recognizable. He was with two friends of his, heading probably to the school grounds on the outside.

You made your way closer to him until his tall figure stood before you in a shadow. You felt your stomach turn upside down and with a fairy trembling hand you pulled at his hand. He stopped in his tracks and turned to you. His eyes met with yours and stillness covered both of you for a moment. Something in your chest regretted ever alling his attention, something about his dark stare made you want to run far far away, anything to get that hurt and uncomfortable feeling away from your chest.

But it was too late now, and you had been so determined to find him and call for him moments before, you couldnt back down.

"Why are you ignoring me" you asked sternly, trying to sound as strong as possible.

He took a deep breath and ruffled his brown hair.

"I'm not ignoring you... its just..." he said in an irritated manner

"It's just what?" you demanded "come on, talk to me Arthur" you still had a strong grip on his hand and he didn't seem to notice it.

" not here" he said "not now, later" he looked down at you

" later?" you started " i've been waiting for later for a long time now arthur. You can't just walk out and leave me hanging just- just waiting for your later shit" you hadn't noticed but the tone in your voice had turned into a stronger sound.