6. locked

"See you tomorrow then" he said, taking one step back. "Sure" you replied, turning towards the door.

You pulled the handle expecting for the door to swing open, put it didn't, you pulled the handle again with more strength, but it didn't even budge. "Shit" you whispered, it was locked and you had no key. You never did, you never stayed past the curfew, which was the time when they locked your common room door.

You quickly turned around "Arthur!" you whisper-shouted. But he couldn't hear you. You called out for him again but louder, he turned around and sprinted until he was just feet from you.

"What" he asked,

With your hand on the door handle you signaled it was locked. "It wont open" you whined.

"Are you sure" he said stepping closer and pulling on the handle

"Yes i'm sure, im not dumb" you whispered. He just looked at you with a rather annoyed face.

"Well, do you have a key" he asked

"If i had the key we wouldn't be here" you snapped.

"Ok ok, geez, just trying to help"

Pressing your back against the door you grunted and slipped to the floor, pressing your knees to your chest and wrapping your arms around them.

"You should always have the key tho" he suggested, sitting down beside you.

You furrowed your eyebrows at him. " i wasn't planning on being out after 11 pm"

"I wasn't either" he replied softly.

you grunted hiding your face in your hands. "Why- this has never happened to me"" You sighed and leaned your head against the door. "It's all your fault" you chuckled, jokingly. You didn't mean it, you both lost track of time.

He immediately turned to look at you in disbelief. "calm down Garrel, I'm just messing with you" you let out a deep breath and closed your eyes.

All the while he just stared at your slightly dismal appearance, admiring your features in the darkness and following the waves of your soft breaths.

A few minutes of silence had passed and you slowly began drifting into sleep until you shot your eyes open in a matter of one second and turned to look for Arthur, afraid that he might have left you all alone in your sleep.

The sudden movement caught a reaction out of him as you sighed in relief, seeing him still there.

"What happened?" he asked. "I thought you had left," you said, diverting your gaze from him.

You went back to the position you were in, resting your head against the door. "Hey y/n" Arthur said, in a breathy voice. You humed in response, not moving. "Uhm... i have the key to my common room"

You sat before him, turning to face him, staring into his eyes for a moment, confused as to why he mentioned that. You really didn't know what to respond to, until it hit you, he was inviting you to his common room, to his dorm, for the night... given the consequences, of course. "Oh.." that was all you could manage to get out.

"Well, if you're ok with it... you don't have to stay here all night, besides, it's getting kinda cold." he said, rubbing his hand to the back of his neck. He had a point, you couldn't stay here all night. You nodded at him and he slowly got up, extending a hand for you to take, he pulled you up, and, without letting go of your hand, you walked back again into the dark hallways.