18. after party

( authors note: hi guys, I hope your enjoying this story. this chapter is a little bit longer so get ready. also, trigger warnings. I'm so sorry if these make you uncomfortable, that is why I am warning you if you are sensible to topics such as alcohol, smoking, fighting or unconsented acts. they are not that explicit or prominent in this part of the story, the reason being i too am a bit sensible to those topics but i thought it would be interesting to put them in the plot so here it goes.

enjoy your reading <3 )

The night extended until most of the crowd was now off the dance floor, on their seats moving to the soft, romantic sound of the grand piano at the end of the room. The chatter was low at this point in the night. Your feet were a little sore due to the dancing an hour ago but you took off your heels and relaxed a bit. It wasn't that late into the night when you started hearing whispering, exciting voices around you. People scrunching together in order to hear the soft voices.

"It will be in the local pub in town"

"What?"

"The after party"

You heard faintly around your table

"After party?" you turned to Tom. he was playing with the hem of his sleeve. He looked up at you, you could sense a faintly tired expression on his face.

"Apparently...." he said " but i don't think many people are going," he added.

"Rachel!" you whisperer-yelled across the table. She had her head rested on Adam's shoulder, she quickly looked up to you, raised her eyebrows.

"Are you going to the after party?" you asked. She turned to look at Adam with a hopeful smile on her face. He gave her a shrug, in a way of saying whatever you want. You turned back to you and nodded excitedly.

"Rachels coming" you told Tom " lets go, it will be fun" you said, tugging at his sleeve. He gave you a tired sigh. You noticed " i know you might want to go to sleep now but how often is there an academy dance after party" you asked him.

" hmmmm every year?" he replied. You rolled your eyes.

"Come on pleeease" you whined. " I bet Harry will be there too, trust me, it'll be fun" you looked at him with puppy eyes, your head closer to his. "Please"

He let out a heavy breath "ok" he said stubbornly. "But I'm not drinking," he added.

"Perfect" you smiled at him.

The party was taking place in the local pub in town. It was known for hosting students every now and then on weekends. They were quite generous with the drinks too. You still had to pay for yours but the variety and the amount was crazy, it could get anyone drunk enough if they allowed it to. You weren't too much of a drinker, only on rare occasions did you have a beer or two with your friends, it was pretty common in the academy, especially the oldest students. They would go out on weekends and share many drinks, only a couple of them getting extremely drunk they had to walk them into the halls of the academy slowly.

There was now a rather calm but cheerful ambience in the grand room, not many people looked tired. The orchestra was playing softer music but the crowd's mumbling remained. Some of the seats were empty, you assumed it was because of the younger students that had decided to leave. You saw Harry with his date some tables far from you, he stood up and walked towards where you sat.

"So..." he said " you headed to the after party?"

You looked at Tom for an instant and looked back at Harry. " of course" you grind.

" What are you waiting for?, let's get going" he padded Tom on the shoulder, he leaned against his chair. You stood up, straightening the wrinkles in your dress and held out a hand for tom. He took it, looking at your eyes with a silly stare.