4. library

————-
Authors note: hi! I hope your enjoying this story as much as i am enjoying writing it. This is a pretty long chapter, i hope you like it. Also, feel free to comment your ideas or suggestions on the story, plot or anything. Thanks for reading💕
—————-

You sat down at your usual table at diner, tom, rachel and harry had already started eating.

"So what about you y/n" Harry asked. you had dozed off in the conversation.

"Sorry, what?"
"Do you have someone to go with to the academy's aniversare ball?"
"The WHAT!" you exclaimed, dropping your fork on your plate making a loud noise.
Surprised by your reaction harry, tom and rachel laughed and exchanged looks

"Yes, the aniversare ball, silly:" Tom whispered in a joking way.
" what- no... when is it?" you asked
" in two weeks" replied rachel. you had completely forgotten about it, you were too caught up in your studies oblivious to the fact that already people began to prepare for this festivity.

" why- did you guys really think i had someone to go with" a small chuckle escaping your lips. You never really had the desire for some romantic partner to attend the ball with you. You had gone with one boy the previous year, it was really nice and you had fun, but it was nothing out of the ordinary. You knew you would end up having fun with your friends whether you had a partner or not.

" Well I don't know, you never know who's got his eyes on you" Harry said nudging you on your arm and smiling. "Oh shut up harry, i bet you don't even have a date"

The group exploded in laughter, you were confused, your comment wasn't that funny.

" he does!" exclaimed racher in between giggles. "What! Who?" you asked with excitement.
"Mina from chemistry '' Harry said while the redness started appearing at his cheeks.

"Oh god..."  you chuckled and continued with your dinner. Moments later, once the dining hall was emptying out, you looked up, searching for arthur. You didn't know why though. You knew you were gonna meet up with him soon, you just felt... you were simply curious as to where he was, that's all.

You finished eating dinner, saying goodbye to your friends. You walked to your dorm, grabbed a jacket and put it on since it was getting chilly outside. After that you grabbed your book and a  notebook and headed to the library. Once you got there you immediately noticed the crisp air of that serene place you enjoyed very much.

You found a table almost at the back of the library next to a huge arched window where you could see the sun almost beginning to set. You placed down your books and sat down, waiting for arthur.

A few minutes had gone by and he was not to be seen. You looked up to see if he was anywhere but all you saw was small groups of students studying and roaming around the shelves.

You decided to stand up and wander through the isles while you waited for him. While you were at it you could see at the front of the library, two figures, standing there, a little too close. It was Arthur with a girl, she had silky blond hair that reached her lower back, you soon recognized her to be Olivia. She was a nice girl you had had the opportunity to get to know her a few years back, although as for today, you guys never really talked.

Right then, you felt the desire to hide, disappear, or through up. Why were you feeling all this? he's only just... your classmate, partner, whatever. You get it, he was charming and handsome and ongoing with people, of course he had girls admiring him right at his heels. A frustrated sigh came out from your lips and slowly made your way to your table.

You opened the book and started reading and taking notes, at this point you really didn't care if he came or not. Seeing he was way too distracted with that girl. You began to notice anger in your thoughts at his uniterest for your project, something that definitely concerned you. But whatever, you set those feelings aside.

You felt a warm familiar hand on your shoulder and quickly turned around as it was unexpected. You met eyes with Arthur for a moment before saying: "i've been waiting for you, god, what took you so long" you asked, although you already knew what took him so long.

"I am so sorry, nothing just... this girl" he said, running his hand through his soft hair, oh did he look so handsome in that instant.

"whatever " you mumbled, more to yourself than for him to hear. You began to collect all of your notes on your readings and started elaborating the paper, both of you analyzed each word carefully, him typing the ideas on a typewriter and you revising them moments after.

You felt arthurs gaze on you every now and then while you were too concentrated taking notes. He noticed your soft hair fall onto your shoulders, he noticed the way you put the pencil to your mouth before you wrote down a new sentence, he noticed the way you squint your eyes in concentration while you read through the books.

It was fair to say you were close to finishing the project, only having some few paragraphs left. You sighed and leaned back on your seat, it had already gotten dark outside, the library was dimly lit with chandeliers and  you could see the moon through the arched windows.

Arthur looked back at you plastered on your seat with a tired expression on your face. You locked eyes with him for a moment and it seemed as if he was carefully studying your face. Wanting to interrupt that uncomfortable moment you yawned and got back up " my tiredness is getting the best of me". To your surprise he was still staring at you. He just let out a small chuckle and continued working.

You were too tired to write anymore so you simply watched him finish typing your ideas on paper. You perceived the way he typed on the typewriter so gently, pausing once in a while to make sure he hadn't made a mistake. The way his soft curls fell just above his eyebrows, the way his deep brown eyes roamed through the paper. The way his long hands caressed his chin whenever he was trying to decipher your notes.

You rested your head on your hand and gazed into nothingness, until the silence was interrupted by Arthur "That's it, I can't anymore" he exclaimed, almost in a whisper. "Yeah, we should continue tomorrow" you replied.

You both just stared at the papers before you for a moment, until you broke the silence " i thought you were bad at this"

"Bad at what"
"History" you said pointing to the work in front of you
"No.. not really" he laughed " i just hate doing these types of projects, i was kind of hoping you would do most of it"
"Heey!" you exclaimed, gently slapping his shoulder
"Well yeah, I know you do good in school, and you're kind of a perfectionist so..."
"What- who told you that... no! That's not true, i try to do good though Besides, no one likes doing all the work"
"Well you surely did most of this" he said, crossing his arms "tell me, in what do you not do good then"

The answer was simple " trigonometry, I hate it, I always have, never understood it, it's so frustrating" you said, hiding your face in your hands.

"Trigonometry? what?" he said, surprised, he grabbed your wrists and gently pulled them away from your face, you slowly looked up until you met his eyes. " But trigonometry is so easy" he whispered, I smile creeping at his face knowing you wouldn't agree with that.

"Well it's easy for you mister i love numbers" you moked
" come on, it can't be that hard for you" the tried to comfort you
"Well it is, i have like thirty trig problems due next week and i  have no idea how to do any of them" you whined.

"Well, maybe I can help you" his face was serious now, looking at you with those deep brown eyes. You scrunch your eyebrows slightly as if you were saying "really?"
"I mean only if you want to," he stated once he saw your reaction.
"Well yeah, of course, if it's ok with you too"
He glanced down and back to you " yeah, no problem"

Silence fell on you two for a moment, you noticed that the library was almost empty by now, except for you and the other three students at the other end.

"so .. what are we now" he asked

"What?" you were surprised at the question, what did he mean by that, where you supposed to be something by now. You got nervous thinking of you two in some kind of bond.

"Well all this studying together" he said " does this make us study buddies?"

"Oh" you breathed out in relief and laughed "yeah, i guess it does".