25. so warm

The midnight air against your skin, warm hands around your waist and a hard yet comfortable chest against your cheeks. You could hear the hum of the forest and the crowds bellow, you heard the light splashes of the lake. It was dead silent.

You both stood at the astronomy tower balcony, so close together you looked as one, engulfed in one another. Arthur swayed his fingers through your hair as you hummed in pleasure against him. He caressed the back of your head and your cheeks.

You rose and fell with his steady breathing.

"Y/n" he whispered pulling back and looking at you "we should get going"

It was certainly curfew and by the emotional events that had occurred the idea of returning to your dorm at this hour in the night hadn't hit you. You grunted

"God it's really late... and dark" you said as you remembered your frightening path

"I know" he said as he pulled your hand and dragged your body into the dark tower. Before heading down the flight of stairs into the hallways you bullied back and he turned to you. You only looked at him with a worried expression through your eyes.

"Come on" he smirked "it's not that bad" he said pulling at your hand, you sighed and followed him down the stairs.

You reach the hallways all covered with the darkest must, god did this scare you. U sent chills down your spine, you held his hand tighter. He led you through the halls slowly as to bit make a sound, until he stopped abruptly.

"Wait" he turned to you "where are we going?"

Where are we going... that's a good question you hadn't thought about. You wouldn't mind sleeping in his bedroom again, not that you ever minded. But you didn't want to be intrusive at this point. You couldn't just assume he would take you there.

"Hmmm I have no idea" you mumbled.

And after a while he said "well then, I'll take you to my place" he said. He stared at you for a moment as to confirm his statement, you shrugged and let out a soft laugh. He smiled and continued on your path.

Strolling through the halls you reached his common room and by pure memory you walked passed towards the lightless common room unto his dorm.

In silence, you both changed to other clothes, you in the some old t-shirt of his you were now almost taking as your own. He walked to his desk and turned on a warm lamp, his hands pressed against the desk supporting his weight over a number of ruffled papers of his, he looked at them for a long moment.

You got under the covers you knew so well and turned to him. "What are those" you said referring to the white mess on his desk. He took a moment to respond, as if he was too concentrated. "Oh - these" he let out a small breath "just work" he said simply.

You looked at him as he turned to you and without looking away he sat down on the bed beside you. You smiled as he slowly got closer to your face. His eyes diverted from your eyes, to your lips and back. You felt your heart flutter again once his warm lips touched yours for what felt like an instant. he pulled away and looked at you, he smirked and sat back.

You shuffled over the bed until you felt comfortable covered under the sheets. He did the same laying right at your side. You stared at the ceiling thinking of nothing in particular for some minutes. You were actually here with him and it wasn't because of some inconvenience or unplan situation that you lay here in his room. It was meant to be that you stayed this night with him, it was coherent with what you both wanted... you thought.

"I never told you" you spoke after some silent moments. He turned his face towards you while you stared blankly at the ceiling. "Thankyou for that night.... At the pub" you said, signing and turning to meet his eyes.