Chapter 27

Life can only be
Understood backward;
But it must be live forwards.

--------------------------------*

Ahh..., This is more complicated than Jan's theory about aliens.' Eric thought, pushing his glasses up from his nose as he sat in the castle's public library. A bunch of books about the history of the supernatural is lying on a huge table.

Ama was sitting across from him, drinking her black strong coffee, watching Eric's expressions carefully, how he frowned at something confusing, how his eyes widened when he found something new, and how he stumbled at difficult words and read them aloud.

No one was there besides Ama, knowing his discomfort with people here. If something catches his eyes or not getting old Latin words he asks Ama who was more than happy to help him.

He read about all the kinds mentioned in those books, shapeshifters, vampires, ghosts, witches, mermaids, Gods, and Demons.

Not every supernatural was born like this, some had past trauma, human experiments, cursed and blessed. They didn't have any will like humans, they were created not born. Another reason for them to hate humans.

Eric read them all if he said he was feeling guilty would be an understatement, he was pissed at how humans treated the supernatural because they hold bigger authority on earth than the supernatural, but when the supernatural did the same they were through God's curses and painful transformation.

Some were cursed with not having mates but long life without their loved ones beside them. Today he understands why most people are afraid of dying when we all know this is the truth of life, yet we are afraid of dying because we are afraid of leaving people or things we love behind.

No matter how much we say we want them to stay happy with or without us but the reality is deep down, we do want people to hold onto us, want us, and love us and depend on us. Yes, love is selfless but nothing can be as selfish as love.

Sometimes it could be said or done.

We are always taught to be tough, if you want to survive in this world you have to be strong, better than other people because the weak always pick up.

But why no one talks about why they picked up, what mistakes they have made, why no one wants to know why they are weak, overthinking over smallest things, afraid someday someone you love will come and tell you, you are not good enough for them and they don't want to be someone as weak as them.

Why no one talks about their anxiety, their depression. Content fear of rejection; from their loved ones, just because they can't be someone other wants them to be.

When we are born, we don't decide to be weak or strong, people and situations make them like this. Some intended to live in the darkness and some intended to run from the darkness.

Why can't they see how much we hold onto ourselves just so they don't leave us? It's more difficult than being shown as tough, and Eric and Ella know that more than anyone here.

How they just want us to feel, what they want us to feel. It's easy to say fuck off to others and shows you don't care, but deep inside, their words leave an ugly scar on you.

He read them all, related to most of them all human mates somewhat forced to feel what they feel. And Eric hates it.

Eric tried to find something about Leon, just so he can show Ella how others see him for some reason, but he found none, not even his full name if it's not for Ama who was even afraid to say his full name.

He just now knows Leon wasn't born like this. He was created. But why?

What are you, Leon Du Luca?