Chapter 31

It's you, In a thousand
Of lifetimes, in a hundred
Of ways. It's you.
It'll always be you.

---------------------------*

Leon looked up, with his beautiful eyes were red. Ella was sitting in front of him, watching him closely her own dark brown eyes welled up but she held herself back, she was here to comfort Leon.

Leon saw Ella, and he felt more guilty about what he had to say but he knew he cannot hide anything from her not at this point. He gulps. "After the transformation, I felt new but numb too. The anger and hate we had towards the Royals were too much for us to control. Ric was so wrathful that whatever came in front of us we slaughter it. "

He watched as Ella gasped yet he continued. "We killed every Royal, mainly the Witches. My hate toward the Royal and how they misuse their power irked me when another Witch tried to tie me up. Years passed by but we didn't stop even after there were no more Royal. I just stay by the house. There was just pain and my blood became venom. I didn't feel any peace. More precisely said I felt nothing, not even guilt for I took so many innocent lives. No."

He chuckled. "What seems like forever, Ric left to hope for a Mate, and I... A very long time ago. Ric then just was there but didn't show he stopped everything, we stopped everything. One day a priest found us, I don't know, was it his bravery or our lack of reaction for so long, many didn't even know we exist anymore. He requested to take the throne that was left after Caecilia, many tried to get the throne they stopped them, but it was getting impossible for them as the amount increased and the supernatural were not treated rightfully."

"As I was supposed to be the next on throne according to Caecilia and was only Royal blood left, they came to me despite the fact that I was the one to kill all of them, I denied him as for the reason why my everything was destroyed, he lashes out at me, accusing me of everything that happens I didn't oppose that, he said he wants me to take responsibility for what I did after he left that made me realize just because I didn't have a mate I took away other's mates because of me many lost their family, their life. I was left with nothing but my guilt.

As my guilt overpowered me, I took responsibility for the attack lessened as the fear of me was already there, the family of. Once I took over the throne Ric never took control, slowly he too drowned himself in misery, and me in my duty. "

Leon took a deep breath feeling his chest tighten, he looked back at Ella whose eyes were on him since the beginning. "I felt Ric for the first time in ages after you were born, he was with you every single time in another form, the only thing that made you come back to life was when you took the first breath."

"Because of the curse we couldn't meet you, it just has to be you who chooses us. We could have done nothing, but as you and I already tangled even before you were born, you could feel us. But we can't come to you."

There were tears in Ella's eyes that she was holding back for so long, now starting to fall. When she didn't say anything Leon took that wrong. "You too think I deserve that, right?"

Ella got up toward him, instead of sitting beside him, she sat on his lap, hugging him tightly to her. Leon immediately pulled her in his arms, keeping his head on her shoulder. "What are you talking about, Leo? No, you are absolutely wrong, no one deserves that, and certainly not you. However, what you did to those innocent lives cannot be justified, you have been through hell, watched your parents die right before you because of those power-hungry people, that does not mean you should have punished every royal but then you realize your mistake and take responsibility for what you did."

She pulls his head up from her shoulder, Leon's eyes are red, and the tears in them threaten to fall. Ella smiled through her own. "And look here you are, protecting the same people you vow to kill. And despite everything you have done, look at these same people standing by you and protecting you, they respect you."