Chapter 24

"Just like the moon,
Half of my heart.
Will always love,
The Dark.
_____________________*

"You knock!" Ella said looking at Eric, whose eyes widened.

"Why should I, you knock!"

"Do you want me to die?" 

"Do you want me to die?" He mocked back.

Before Ella could say further, they both heard the sound from inside, Eric cursed in his mind while Ella let out a groan. There, they are right in front of Jennifer's door, Ella moves back covering her ears when she hears a loud frustrated sheik from inside.

She exhaled deeply, she faced many unbelievable things lately, this won't be any different if anything less. Feeding herself a full spoon of confidence, Unlocking the lock from outside she opened the door and entered with Eric right behind her.

A furious looking Jennifer was passing back and forth across the room, she stopped when her eyes fell on them they went wide after seeing Ella. 

"Eric... El?" The shock was clear there in her voice.

"Guys I was shouting till my throat burned, a motherfucker just locked me inside in this hella big room, if another way around I would have enjoyed the luxury." Eric signs in relief, their friend is normal, and no mental damage done. 

'Yet'. He thought.

"You okay?" Ella asked softly.

"No, I'm not, I woke up with a severe headache, some guardian Angel or the same motherfucker put medicine beside the bed with food and some clothes with a letter  'go get fresh up', I am feeling quite better now!" She finished her rant with a dramatic sign sitting on the bed.

"I'm your guardian Angel!" Ella stated a baby smile on her lips.

Jennifer raised her brow. "I take my words back, a bitch or specific to say my Bitch!"

Both Ella and Eric rolled their eyes. "But what are we going to do here?..." Jennifer turns to Eric. "We were in the woods, what are we doing here? Ella...?"

Jennifer couldn't find the word when she thought about Ella. She came into the woods with Eric for a little adventure and Ella was not with them. She remembered everything, Ella's disappearance, Josh who attacked Eric, a big wolf. Everything, she let out a breathy sigh and stumbled back.

Ella senses it and so does Eric. He came forward. It would be better for Eric to explain to her, they decided. He knows what happened when she wasn't around. "We have something to tell you!" He says softly.

Jennifer nodded. "Do you remember we were in the woods and got lost?" She again nodded wanting him to continue, in her mind, she was praying whatever she remembered would not come out real.

He opens his mouth to explain, he keeps his voice low and slows making sure she understands, he keeps on explaining and she keeps on listening, so unusual of her. 10 minutes later.

Her calmness made Ella know what will come next, and indeed that happened. Jennifer dissolved in laughter, gasping for breath with the same reaction as Eric.

Eric hung his head low, was he any less? "You believe in this twilight shit?" She chuckled in between. Ella groans in annoyance, Indeed they are best friends. 

Gulping down the water beside the bed, Jennifer got up facing both. "I wouldn't be shocked if this came out of El's mouth, I mean she found this thing interesting but you Eric?" Ella's jaw dropped. Jennifer was talking as she wasn't around.

"Do you remember anything that happened in the past two months? We had three trips and none of them Ella was involved, which never happened. Have you ever seen Ella in the past months let alone made any plans?" Jennifer wanted to deny it but couldn't as not even once she and Eric say Ella's name as if she was never there not even her father.