Chapter 29

What is stronger
Then the human heart?
Which shatters over and over,
And still lives.

_________________*

Flashback...

All Leon was wishing for is his father to come back, considering the fact that both King and Prince were afraid of Leon's father and his wolf though they won't admit it.

Whistle Ric was still growling in his head, Leon sighed in hopelessness but stayed quiet as his mother was meeting her sister for a long time.

However, he really wants his mother's attention towards him as he wants to share the good news with her.

"Leon, have you found your mate?" Leon oh so wanted to roll his eyes as always they will definitely ask this question.

"No!" His answer indicated how much he doesn't want to drag this conversation, yet the vampire prince thought otherwise.

"It's so sad, you are older than me but still haven't found your mate, it must be heartbreaking!" He pouted sadly.

"I want to slaughter someone!" Ric growled in Leon's mind.

Now Leon thinks the first thing he will learn from his father will be how to block Ric.

The Queen glared at her son, turning her gaze to Leon and she smiled lovingly at him. "Don't you worry Leon, you will soon find her."

"We will!" Ignoring Ric's harsh raspy voice, he smiled at her, feeling his heart warm.

Before the conversation could drag any further, another scent filled in the room, and everybody present in the room turned to the open main door. 

A pure white wolf, far larger and bigger than an average wolf stood there, its baby blue eyes looking around until they narrowed toward the King who was quite close to his mate and the prince was close to his son, the distaste in them was clear.

Both of them gasped, they had seen Leon's father Mateo De Luca's wolf form quite a few times but it still surprised them. Thus the rumor about how he alone destroyed a whole pack, does not help them very much.

A low but predictor-like growl reaches to in everyone's ear, Caecilia understands the hidden warning so does Adamairs and she glared toward her mate and the wolf let out a husky huff. Leon tried to hide his smile.

His father walked the backside of the house coming back minutes later in fully-clothed human form, bowing slightly just to the queen, he sat beside his mate putting his arm around her shoulder while his son sat on her other side.

The atmosphere seems to tense up, so Caecilia speaks up. "How are you, Mateo!"

"Great, as long as my mate and son are with me!" Said Mateo looking at his son, giving him a look who understood the hidden message. Caecilia nodded.

Adamaris turns her head back when a maid appears before them. She smiled at everyone. "The dinner is ready!"

As the dinner was over, the royal family took their leave as per her king's request because the atmosphere was getting tense in the presence of Leon's father, but Caecilia promised to come back soon.

As soon as they were out Mateo turned to Leon, his brow raised in question. "Leon, you wanted to say something?" 

Leon smiled, he and his father always know the best and worst of each other, sure he has every special bond with his mother, still, the relationship he and his father share is something else, a friendship he never had.