Chapter 15

Enjoy!!

Our last few days of winter break passed quickly after that night when Dad had friends come over. The last days I stayed either at home or Gajeel's house, curled up in blankets, watching Netflix, and eating food. I texted everyone a lot but we never planned anything else for the winter break.

I woke up to my alarm clock blaring. After 2 weeks of not hearing it, it seemed more annoying than ever. I rolled out of bed and laid on the floor, just listening to the alarm. I almost fell asleep but Conner yelled though the door to turn off my alarm. I guess I had tuned it out somehow. I slowly got up and obeyed. I felt more tired than waking up on the first day of school. I groaned but got dressed and did everything I usually did on school mornings.

Since Conner was being nice I was already expecting school to be like shit, just like everyday that I was in my bad life. We ate breakfast in silence and same for standing at the bus stop. We boarded the bus and he sat with his girlfriend and I sat alone. I listened to my music just as always. This time my play list started out with Here's To The Zeros by Marianas Trench. Right when the last kid got on the bus, my eyesight got blurry and my head became dizzy.

"Not now," I growled to myself in frustration. 'Why is it happening so soon? I just woke up to a switched life. How long has it been since I woke up? Like only an hour!' I sighed but gave into the sleep like state taking over considering I didn't want to be asleep when we had to get off of the bus. 

I was surrounded by darkness once again. I was leaving a light source and being forced to another one yet again. I started pushing against the current again, and again it got stronger and stronger with my resistance. All of a sudden there was a bright white flash and then I was awake again. Every one was getting off of the bus. I hurried up and got my backpack on and got behind the last person. I couldn't find Gajeel or Conner so I couldn't check to see which life I was in.

"What was that flash?" I muttered to myself. I felt a heavy arm drape over my shoulders. I look up to see the pierced face of my boyfriend. 'So it's my good life' I thought but still couldn't keep myself from wondering what that flash was.

"What did ya say?" He asked, looking down at me. He didn't seem like usual. He seemed more edgy or... I don't know, just a tad bit of his other self had gotten mixed in. By a tad bit I don't mean much. Just barely there. He stilled cared it's just his tone seemed more bored and uncaring. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't spend all winter break with him. It's kinda hard to explain. Maybe it's the fact we are back at school.

"Ah, nothing," I beamed and gave him a bright smile to reassure him that everything was fine.

As we walked in the schools front doors, a familiar face that I definitely never wanted to see ever again waved in our direction and called out. "Hey~ Gajeel~" If you couldn't guess by the way I said I never wanted to see the person, it was the girl from the theaters that I saw kissing Gajeel in my other life.

"Sup," He waved back. I felt a small pain in my chest. How does he know her in this life? I looked up at him as if to ask who she was. He obviously didn't notice because he was staring straight ahead. 'at least he isn't staring at her' I thought to myself. She still came over to walk beside us. Gajeel still had his arm around my shoulders so she went on the other side of him. Yep, I most definitely want to rip her head off. Their shoulders were touching and she was smiling and had her arms down at her sides. Me on the other hand, had a straight face and was holding my library book close to my chest.

"Something wrong, Shrimp?" Gajeel looked down at me, this time with eyes filled with concern. "Looks like something is on your mind." Now me and what's-her-face to switch emotions. My smiled appeared again while her's disappeared. That made me just a tad bit better.