Dn't Wrt Lke Ths

His friends clled him, wantin 2 play sme football. He sighed, flippin his blnde hair out of his fce. "Hey BB," he said in a lw voice. "I g2g, ttyl, k?"

"KK!" She said. "ILY 4EAE, BF!"   

-----

Okay, out of all of my rants (so far) I think I've finally found the one that gets on my nerves the absolute most. You log in to Wattpad, a place for aspiring published writer, and you decide to write in a story in text abbreviations???

And half of them aren't even abbreviations, they just leave out random vowels.

LEAVING OUT VOWELS DOES NOT MAKE YOU COOL.

UNLESS YOU ARE FALL OUT BOY.

(I am literally praying to god that someone gets that reference.)

But anyway, it's so soul crushing when you see a really good book-maybe even an original-and it's written by someone who is only fluent in emoji. If you want to say someone smiled, :-) cannot take place  of the word.

Using emojis in online writing communities is NOT going to get them into Webster's dictionary any time soon. In fact, you're probably hurting your own cause.

And pissing everyone else off in the process.

But seriously, could you guys, like, even read the example? I couldn't and I wrote it. it's that bad. And I didn't even use fancy-shmancy abbreviations that are all official 'n stuff. I just left out every other vowel and called it writing.

And when I say every other vowel, I'm being general. Don't go and figure out which vowels are out. If you if you do, I'm so judging.

*waits for some smart alec to go and comment how many vowels I left out*

But yeah, I'm thinking it would cause people actual pain to write like this;

-----

His friends called him, wanting to play some football. He sighed, flippin his blonde hair out of his face. "Hey baby," he said in a low voice. "I gotta, talk to you later, okay?"

"Mmkay!" She said. "I love you forever and ever, boyfriend!"

-----

Now please note that this is still tragically bad writing. Like, it's really really bad. But still, technically, it is at least written right.

(Sadly.)

But yeah. Good god this turned out to be longer than I thought. I guess I am pretty-erm-upset about this topic.

Oh, and this is off topic but I checked how many reads this thing has...792???

WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN????

THANK YOU!!!!

(Edit: I'm rewriting this chapter and just laughing because it's now around 6,200 reads like yo, nice. Thanks for the literal thousands of you that have joined me since the 792!!)

Have any of your favorite stories every been written like the first example? Unfortunately some of mine have. Lame. Vote if you liked what I said in this chapter, and keep on reading! Maybe we can make it to 892!

(Edit: 6,300 sounds pretty awesome too. Thanks again guys, I really appreciate you all taking the time to read this.)

Thank you so much for reading!