ILL-TIMED ROMANTIC SHIZ

I glanced at the countdown clock, adding suspense to the plot. It read 00:17. 17 seconds to save the world. Disabling the bomb should make any normal man two minutes. I had only a fraction of that time. I did the only logical thing left...I grabbed the main love interest and kissed her passionately for about twenty minutes!

-----

Ew. I really hated writing that.

Okay, so you know how in books there's gonna be an end of the world as we know it scenario, and so the hero just starts doing stuff with the chick?

WHY.

Dude. Dude. Duuuuuuude.

Please no.

YOU CAN MAKE OUT WITH THE BLONDE AFTER YOU SAVE THE EARTH FROM A MUTANT GOAT INVASION. 

Where the hell did I get "mutant goat invasion" from. I'm starting to get a little too creative with these rants. 

Anyway, back to the point. Realistically if a building is literally about to explode and you're hell-bent on saving it, you aren't gonna go kiss your girlfriend and assure her that everything is going to be alright. Because the more time you waste doing that, the less likely it is that everything will actually turn out alright. Because you need to be, oh I don't know, actually saving the world! But the heroes always go talk to the love interest anyway, and then either the clock takes way longer than it should or some Dues Ex Machina shit goes down and everything is totally fine anyway. Is it bad that just for once I want the dumbass hero and his stupid girlfriend to die when they pull this shit?

I guess you either die a hero or live long enough to become the villian. And when it comes to this, three guesses which one I am. Or two guesses, since there are only two options anyway...

But can we think about how effective every hero ever would be if he just did this instead;

-----

I glanced at the countdown clock, and I let out a grave sigh. It read 00:17. 17 seconds to save the world. Disabling the bomb should make any normal man two minutes. I had only a fraction of that time. I quickly cut the right wires and stopped the clock only three seconds before it blew up. I then stood up and began to make out with the blonde chick FOR AS LONG AS I WANT BECAUSE THE WORLD ISN'T GOING TO END.

The End!!!

-----

That obviously wouldn't be in a proper book, but it's still more original than the first one. So, how am I doing, and what do you want me to write about next? If I use your idea, I give you credit! Like this!

*CREDIT FOR TODAY'S RANT GOES TO BOOKLIFE980*

Let me know how I'm doing in the comments! I've read the ones from previous chapters and you guys are hilarious. If I don't reply to yours just know that I still do read it! Please vote if you liked this chapter or anything  said, and thank you for reading!