My Fandom

Okay, so as a lot of you must be aware, today is the 17th anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts. It's a huge date in the Harry Potter fandom, and so I've been freaking out all day. (And crying.) Basically, I'm going to write about everything that bothers me having to do with Harry Potter on Wattpad. Might be ships, or other things that go waaaay against cannon. It'll be like five or six mini rants. Enjoy!

(By the way, spoilers ahead. Duh.)

Dramione

NOPE.

NOPE-ITY NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Okay, Hermione is a smart, caring,  pretty, amazing witch. And what does Draco think of her?

Mudblood.

He. Doesn't. Like. Her. She. Doesn't. Like. Him. I understand the whole "It's fanfiction and I can do what I want" thing, but honestly, let's not and say we didn't. I hate, hate, hate this ship. He was an awful human being to her for YEARS. Years and years and years. He called her a Mudblood-which is equivalent to the "n" word in our world-in the second, third, fourth, I think the fifth, and the sixth book. Possibly the seventh as well. Yet we like to pretend they love each other?

"Fifth Marauder" Thing

So, a recent trend in fanfiction is to add in a fifth marauder, usually a girl, and have her fall in love with either Sirius or Lupin. While I can kinda get the appeal of having something like this-an amazing chick badass best friend-it's been done to death. I have nothing against Marauder stories, unless they're in that format. How about it's someone who's teased by them, or someone they don't pay much attention to? I feel like that'd be way cooler.

"Harry Potter's Twin Sister"

"Lol hey guys I'm Harry Potter's twin sister."

Really?

R E A L L Y ?

I dunno why exactly, but I hate these. probably because they go completely against cannon. I just can't stand the thought of there being two Chosen One's. Maybe because the term literally has the word 'one' in it. Also, slightly random, but it's canon (I think) that Lily was pregnant with a girl when she died. But there is this one really good fanfic by xXMade2LoveXx where she was his half sister...it's really well explained. (You should read it.)

I'm a Muggle Born OC and Draco Malfoy's In Love With Me

You know what? Just...just go read the first one.

I'm Going to Write a Fanfic in Which I Pretend Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Don't Exist

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT; THERE ARE FOUR HOUSES. THIS HAS BEEN A PSA.

Even though in the books Gryffindor and Slytherin are the more prominent houses, that doesn't mean we can pretend the other two houses don't exist. Without Ravenclaw, there wouldn't have been a Luna! And yeah, okay, Diggory wasn't THAT bad. I especially can't say anything, because my family  is super diverse. My grandmother, aunt, uncle, sister, and cousin are Ravenclaws, my dad and older brother are Slytherins, my younger brother is a Hufflepuff, and I'm a Gryffindor. (These aren't self sorted, we all took the official Pottermore test.)

But yeah. The point is, make sure your houses ALL have representation.

So here it is, my Harry Potter rant. I might add more later, but thanks for reading!! Any other things that bother you that I neglected to mention? If you could take a minute to comment or vote, that'd be awesome. Thanks, and I'll see you next time!