HOW ABOUT NO

Lol hey guys my name is Raven and I'm like super depressed no but seriously I slit my wrist and everything I started after my boyfriend of three days broke up with me when we were five XD

________________

HOW ABOUT NO.

If you're going to write about someone with depression, then do it right.

Depression is NOT funny.

Depression is NOT romantic.

Depression is a fucking problem.

Here's a description of depression I found on Tumblr;

"Depression is like trying to peel a potato with a potato it's hard and doesn't work and makes you want to cry.

And then society is like "Why don't you get a peeler? AND THEN THEY HAND YOU ANOTHER POTATO."

This is right. That's depression.

Does that sound romantic to you??? Maybe a funny way of describing it, but I think it's fairly accurate. 

If it does sound romantic to you in anyway, please get away from me. And just off the internet in general.

And while we're on the topic; anxiety. ANXIETY ISN'T CUTE OR FUNNY, EITHER.

ANXIETY IS LIKE IN A VIDEO GAME WHEN YOU HEAR THE CREEPY MUSIC RIGHT BEFORE THE JUMP SCARE, BUT THE THING NEVER JUMPS OUT AND IT'S A CONSTANT THING.

Not only do portrayals like this offend people who actually have them, but it's just disrespecful in general to be honest. One of the things that drives me the craziest is when in romance,  the MC-usually a girl-has severe depression and/or anxiety and it's all cured when the boy of her dreams suddenly shows up.

It doesn't work like that!!!

Depression and anxiety are not magically cured when you get a boyfriend. I have an absolutely fantastic one, and him being around doesn't get rid of it. It helps a hell of a lot, but it's still there.

But yeah. I'm not going to write an example for this one, because I can't write depression correctly and I can't write very much about anxiety without giving myself a panic attack. Which isn't fun. So...no.

Whoops, another heavier rant. Not as funny as my last few, but it needed to be talked about. Just please don't write a mental illness into a story unless you have experienced it first hand or have put in hours of extensive research, because otherwise you might accidentally belittle it, and we don't want that. Vote if you agree with this chapter and thank you for reading!