Blondes

Okay okay okay so: blondes.

(Totally getting off track but whenever someone says okay three times in a row does anybody else start singing the 'alright alright alright alright' part of Hey Ya in their head? No? Just me??)

Where was I? Right. Blondes. They always make some kind of appearance in books, which is totally fine. Unlike players they are not mythical creatures. I mean, they do totally exist. I promise. Why am I trying so hard to get this point across. Okay forget I said this let's move on.

There's a reason that the appearances of these yellow haired people are special on Wattpad. And it's because of a little thing called stereotyping!!! Essentially-and this is a generalization-portrayed to be either dumber than a bag of rocks, or evil as heck. And today we will be exploring both stereotypes. Let's start off with the dumb one.

Here's a quick little tip for ya: having blonde hair doesn't activate something in your scalp that makes you stupid. In fact I'm in an advanced program at school-IB for the win-and the blondes in this program with me are some of the smartest in the grade. Or most motivated, depending on how you look at it. But still! I know blondes that are freaking genius. They completely blow me out of the water intelligence wise. Saying all blondes are stupid is like saying that all red-heads are fiery, or all raven haired girls are mysterious, or that all brunettes are...um...

*quickly googles stereotypes for brunettes because are there even any*

Intelligent, mature, and...boring.

Wow my pride isn't wounded or anything haha what are you even talking about.

Anyway, my point is it's a stupid stereotype. I honestly don't even know where it came from.

Our next stereotype to conquer is that all blondes are evil hags. Which isn't true?? They're pretty great actually??? One of my very best friends is blonde and she's nicer than the rest of us combined, and the rest of us have brown hair. She never swears, makes fun of anyone, or has a bad word to say about anyone. To be honest she's the least problematic person I've ever met, it's frickin great.

That goes for more blondes in my grade as well. There's one who constantly compliments people, and some blondes in my old drama class were some of the most caring people I've ever met. Even my little sister is blonde and is pretty okay. She can be a bit evil, but honestly that has more to do with genetics than anything else. Once again, I have no idea where the heck this came from and honestly I'm too lazy to research it, so if you know tell me in the comments!!

So if you're looking for a main antagonist, go ahead and use another hair color! Brown is a great option, or red or black too. Or be hella creative and dye their hair! Dyed hair is also cool. Always a good option. 

But yes, to recap:  not all blondes are dumb or evil, blondes are actually cool people, blonde isn't the only cool hair color. 

So what do you guys think? Any opinion on the stereotypes of blondes? Of any of the other hair colors? What do you think about the portrayal of the blondes in the media? Leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for reading!!!