Kissing In the Rain

So I understand that kissing in the rain is one of the most loved things by people into the romance genre. But at this point is sort of just aggravates me and makes me roll my eyes. It's cliche and overdone in my opinion. The first two or three times yeah, adorable. But now, not so much. 

Like, wouldn't the rain get all in your mouth as you practically swallow the other person's tongue? Now I personally wouldn't know. I've never been kissed at all, let alone in a goddamn hailstorm. 

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't really see the appeal at all. It sounds cold as fuck. Go get inside before you get hypothermia, Jesus Christ. Why rain, anyway? Why not, like, partly cloud with a chance of afternoon showers or something? 

Not only do I not see the appeal personally, but in books (and, of course, movies) it's been used over and over and over and over and over and over-

Now I bet you're already tired of how repetitive that sentence got. I have only one word for you:

Exactly!!! That's how I feel when I read about another couple kissing in the rain. 

And besides the fact that it's like borderline boring in today's day and age, but when it is written, it's not even done well. Take the weather, for instance. I'd be willing to bet that in a huge percentage of romance books that do this, it just starts raining out of the blue. And I hate to break it to those authors, but storm clouds don't just appear whenever you feel like making out. (That's a weird concept to think about. Moving on.) But of course god forbid the characters already be outside when it's raining, it has to start after they leave the shelter of whatever building the story is set in. 

What was that one movie that made it a huge thing to do? The Notebook, or something..? Jeez I'm a teenage girl, I should really know these things. Anyway I think it was The Notebook. 

(And yes, I am absolutely saying that because they're almost kissing in the rain on the cover. Fight me.) 

So before the Notebook it was a cute idea, apparently it was freaking iconic or something when it happened in that movie, and now it's lame and boring and needs to stop. Please. Unless one of your characters is a walking cliche, you can just skip the kissing in the rain scene. And chances are I'll take you a lot more seriously. 

What do you guys think? Do you like kisses in the rain or not so much? Have you ever been kissed in the rain, and was it anything like in romance novels or was it gross? Please let me know how I'm doing in the comments, or how I could make these rants a bit better. And what wold you guys like me to rant on? Don't forget to click the vote button if you liked what I had to say, and thanks for reading!!