Finding the lost.

Hi there! I'm Amanda Hutchins, well I recently found out it's Snape. Allow me to explain, a week ago I had just finished my morning bath, my hair wrapped in a towel. I was sitting in my room writing my daily to-dos. All of a sudden, I heard Mrs. Hutchins call my name, "Amanda! There is a letter for you!" I shut my journal and yelled back down "Alright I'll be right down" I removed my hair from the towel, I ran down, my brown curly hair flying everywhere as I ran down the crème-carpeted stairs. I got to the kitchen and saw a letter with a red seal. I looked at it, it was addressed to Amanda Snape.

Hold on, my first name is Amanda but is my last name, Snape? I never knew my last name seeing I was adopted at a young age by Mr. And Mrs. Hutchins and my older adoptive brother Kyle, who had no idea what was going on at the time. When I first got to the house I looked at it in awe, it was a two-floored-white brick house, with a black tile roof and white window frames, there was also a huge flower garden. A golden retriever, named goldie was digging a hole. I snapped back to reality when I heard a jug set on the table. I looked around at everyone in complete and utter confusion.  

"It's meant for you kid, what are you waiting for?" Chuckled Mr. Hutchins.

I opened it; this is what it said.

'Dear Amanda Snape,

You have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the second year. We are aware you have not attended your first year but it is because your father has instructed us to wait until you were aged 12. Now that you are old enough, Hagrid will come to help you go get your supplies from Diagon Alley, you are then to board the train on September 1st on platform 9 ¾. We hope to see you this fall.

Sincerely,

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore'

What? A magic school? Didn't know that was a thing. Am I a witch? No, I cant be. Is there really a platform like that? I've never seen that. Hagrid? Who is that?

After a very, extremely long explanation I learned I am a witch, still a shock, daughter of Severus Snape. He is a professor at Hogwarts apparently. He didn't want me to grow up in the magical world with him as he was something called a Death Eater. No clue what that is, apparently, they serve a Dark Lord which is very weird by the way. Anyway, tomorrow Hagrid, whom I learned works at Hogwarts or something will take me to get my supplies.

The next morning, I had a shower, I wore a black knitted turtle-neck sweater, with my favorite jeans and sneakers. I tied my hair in a messy bun and wore a gold necklace Kyle had given me last year. I'm not sure how to dress as a witch. All of a sudden, I heard my name downstairs.

"Amanda! Hagrid has arrived!" I heard Mr. Hutchins called, I grabbed my sunglasses. "Coming!" I ran down the stairs and stopped to see a giant at the bottom. "Dear Merlin that can't be Amanda she's so big! I'm Hagrid by the way." The giant beams. "Pleasure to meet you Hagrid!" I smile politely but the size of him scared me. Before I know it, I'm at a wand shop or a shop that sells painted sticks like at the fairs. I just got the perfect one, an 11-inch oakwood with a dragon-fire core? That was after a couple of messy attempts. None of this makes any sense at all. The man who seemed well-aged was beaming at everyone, I wonder how long he's worked here.

As we walk along, I hear Hagrid say something "Harry! Ron! Hermione! I want you to meet someone special! Meet Amanda Snape!" he bellows. I see three kids walking towards us. The one in the middle had brown hair, underneath I noticed a lightning-shaped scar, I'm not sure if I wanted to know how he got that. The boy also had glasses kind eyes and a big smile. The more I noticed how similar we looked. The boy next to him was a red-head, he had a small nose and a small smile. The closer he got the more I smelt food. Lastly, there was a girl, with sort of a red-brown colored hair I couldn't tell it wasn't that sunny, she wore a sweet smile I feel like well be friends. Hagrid told me their names, so scar-head (i don't think he would like that nickname) is Harry Potter, The redhead was Ron Weasley, the girl was Hermione Granger.