Chapter 1

⚠︎︎ STORY WARNING ⚠︎︎

This story includes mild language, drug use, alcohol use, smut scenes, and other mature content.
This story is UNEDITED. I'm going to take my time editing (or I won't edit at all) to make sure I went through everything, so you most likely will find many mistakes. 
Keep in mind that this is my first story on wattpad I wrote it when I was very young. The beginning will be cringe-worthy and just weird but it's essential to the story line. I swear it gets better. (A little bit?)
(There's a lot of talk about a religion, Christianity, but I twisted the story to make it fit my own. If you don't like it, don't read it.)

Also, could u guys tell me how you found this book? I'm rlly curious.

(Also, also, I love reading all ur comments and I do read every single one. It entertains me lmao.)

----

December 25, 1521

Nicola's POV

It had been an eventful day with the children opening presents early in the morning and spending the rest of the day out celebrating Christmas.

   My mother decided to to turn in while the night was still young to get some much needed rest, meanwhile my father went out to collect wood for the fire.

   As for my siblings, the two youngest had tired themselves out and are now sound asleep on the floor surrounded by their new toys. The middle child was tucked away in the corner of the room reading a book.

    Meanwhile, I stared out the window watching the white snow fall like feathers and cover the earthly ground with its innocent, soft, pure blanket covering all the green into an angelic white as if they were clouds. I stayed like that, as if I was entranced by it like a spell, though it was getting very dark, too dark that at some point all I could see was a mysterious, sinister darkness.

   By that time, my father had came in and carried the two boys to their beds and the middle child had tired her eyes that she, as well went to bed. I stayed awake a bit longer. I sat, peering out to the darkness, that was slowly lulling me making me tired until eventually I fell asleep.

  I woke up to a whisper in my ear, only to find out that the light had burned out, I was surrounded, almost suffocated by the darkness, and I was alone. No one to whisper in my ear like I had just woken up to. Then who whispered? I questioned. Most likely the wind. I replied, dismissing the thought and picking myself up to bed. I then abruptly stopped, hearing the whisper again but this time it was distant.

"Come to me." I heard the whisper say. Everything in my head screamed to just walk to bed, to not follow that whisper, but as if my body had a mind of its own, it started walking toward it, as it were being pulled in. I started walking outside, the cold air biting my skin making me shiver as I blew breathes of warm air out into the cold, which was quickly swallowed by the winter air.

  I had been walking for a long time now, my body aching to not go any further, but I couldn't stop, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't break the spell I was under. Very soon, my legs tripped on the snow, my body meeting the ground harshly. I shivered and my teeth chattered violently. I laid in the snow, my body still urging to follow the whisper but not having the strength to get up. I felt numb.