Chapter 4

Nicola's POV

"Alright, everyone understands what to do?" He asked after giving out directions to cover the Wearhouse grounds before heading inside to be absolutely sure.

"Yes, sir." Everyone responded.

  After nearly getting caught by one of His servants, I hid in his closet.

I don't even know why. But I did.

  He opened the door to His servant and said to call everyone to the meeting room. Now we are discussing a plan to find out who this guys is and where he came from.

  After changing into my work clothing I met up with Katherine downstairs ready to vent really quick.

"Kat, this is stupid, he's probably just a human and I just accidentally passed him as dead." I rolled my eyes as I plopped right next to her on the couch.

"Tell that to Him." She grumbled. "Let's just get this over with." She got up and we both made our way to the black Tesla.  Everyone piled into the tesla, another blue one full of more demons trailed us to the Wearhouse. Everyone was chattering about how they would end his life, but what if no ones there? What if that poor human didn't know where else to go? What if we're taking this a bit far? A bunch more of related thoughts streamed through my mind but then I got interrupted by Katherine.

"You alright? You look lost in your thoughts." She asked. I shook my head and looked down to my hands squeezing my knees, my knuckles were white. I let go of my knees and look back at her, her face twisted into a more worried expression. I sighed.

"No." I simply said. There was no point in hiding how I feel when my body is reflecting my emotions like a mirror. I  looked out the window at the passing trees. It was then I noticed that the spot of the Wearhouse is a bit eerie, though it is a good hiding spot, imagine how easily someone could be murdered in these woods.

"Well when we get back we can go shopping, I made a request to go out to the town square once in a while and He agreed it was fine, as long as I brought a hunting demon." She beamed. I've never really got to go out. It's not that I couldn't, it's that I didn't want to. Ever since becoming a demon, it's made me miss being human, though being a demon makes me feel confidence I've never felt before, it still doesn't have the best qualities.

  But I had to get out of the house once in a while, even if once in a while means every couple hundred years. My time was almost up, maybe I should go around and see what I would want to do when I'm human. I nodded and then looked at her.

"Sure, that sounds fun." I said and she smiled then turned to look out the window.

  The drive was going to be long and would last us 'till dark, so I thought I would get some reading in. I pulled out a book and began reading. We took a couple of pit stops to try the restaurants food, since we've never been here and much of the bakeries and food shops had interesting foods we wanted to try. My favorite was the Cinnabon, we have had a couple of cinnamon rolls in our long lives but none have ever tasted as holy.

   As it grew darker and our destination came closer, we had grown antsy. We were excited to see what we would find but mostly, we just wanted to kick some butt. Even though I still had a feeling that our job will be cut short, that we wouldn't have to do much. Possibly because this man is just a fragile human. I've heard a couple cases when humans have been announced dead but came back to life. I was almost sure that that was what happened to him.

  Finally we arrived at the Warehouse. I closed my book and stepped out of the car to get a good look at this rundown building. It had some scraps of metal on the floors and leaning on the walls of the building. Rust was growing all over the metal scraps. The trees surrounding the warehouse gave a soft rustle as the wind blew past them. It looked abandoned. There were no foot marks, no tire tracks expect for our cars.