Chapter 10

⚠︎︎ This chapter has some fluff at the end ⚠︎︎

Nicola's POV:

  "Please, please, please?" I whine as I follow Elijah down the hall. The wiggling puppy in my hands desperate for a home and some food. He shakes His head no, like He did 3 minutes ago downstairs. He enters His bedroom, me behind Him and closes the door, then taking off His mask.

  "Nickola, this is a house full of demons, you really want to bring a puppy into this?"

  "Yes. I have always wanted a puppy, and look," I raise the puppy up to His face,  "an opportunity has shown up on our doorstep, literally." I try giving Elijah puppy eyes, the puppy seemed to have the same thought because it did the same.

  "Nickola, you can't take care of a puppy. That's a lot of work."

  "You sound like a parent." I roll my eyes.

  "You can take care of the pup, but if it becomes a problem you are going to have to give it up for adoption." He sighs. I squeal and throw my arms around Elijah, the puppy whining.
"Wait, I need to name him! Or her," I hold the small puppy and turn it on its back.

  "It's a girl!" I exclaim. I thought for a moment of what I should name her. She has black, shiny fur, and light, beautiful eyes. Her eyes are like the moon in the darkness of her fur. I stop for a second thinking about that, "Moon. I'm naming her Moon."

  I blessed Elijah with puppy-sitting duties until I get back from the downtown shops. Since this was a newborn puppy, I had to get some milk source. I guess I'll have to research on that. I pull out my phone and google what newborn, motherless puppy needs.

  After changing out of my clothes and into more fresh clothing, I then hunt Katherine and drag her to the shops.

  "We need to get puppy supplies, which means accessories first, necessities after."

  "I think it's the other way around."

  "No," I park the car crookedly before getting out and heading for Petco.

  "Nickola, you parked the car wrong-"

  "Katherine, we're demons. Who gives a fuck," I grab her by the wrist and we enter the store. As soon as I saw the bunnies hopping around in their cage, I dropped her wrist and ran for them. I already knew I won't get out of there without a bunny.

  But I did, Katherine made me go through the puppy aisle and then pushed me out the door after paying. I didn't have a chance to pick which bunny I wanted.

  We went to a restaurant to get some dinner before heading home. It looked popular since the patio was filled with people under it's fairy lights and the inside was packed too. We had to pay extra to get a seating, which was an expensive seat upstairs. After getting settled down we searched for desserts we haven't yet gotten to try.

  "Are you really hungry Nickola?" Katherine asks, setting the menu down on the table and looking at me.

"Well, yeah," I replied, still looking at the dessert section of the menu.

  "We aren't supposed to feel hungry, or thirsty as demons."

  "You think I don't know that?" I whisper shout, finally setting my menu down and looking at Katherine, who looks worried. "I'm scared too, I don't know what's going on in my own body. I am horrified of what might happen, I don't know what to do. I have searched everything online, I even tried calling Gloria to see if she understands what's happening, she said it was normal, but is being hungry, thirsty, and bleeding from a fucking papercut normal for a demon? No!" I say that last word a little too loud and everyone within a couple feet stop and turn to our table. I cover my face as a couple tears sting my eyes.