Chapter 5

Nicola's POV.

After He told me His name, He kissed my forehead and told me to get some rest and He exited the room. I couldn't sleep though, my eyes were closed but I couldn't fall asleep. The pain was still there, just not as bad, but it was still the reason I couldn't sleep. A while had passed before Elijah came in to check on me. He placed a glass of water on my nightstand and closed the door once He got out. I heard a couple of footsteps before I heard voices. It was Katherine, Elena, and Elijah.

"How is she?" One of the voices, who I knew was Katherine, asked.

"Not good." Elijah replied.

"What do you think will happen?" I heard Elena question.

"It's not what will happen, it's what is happening. She's dying" He said.

So I was dying.

I had 11 more months, but now I'm dying.

I am dying.

~~~~~~~~~

I spent the whole day laying in bed, occasionally Elijah came in and placed kisses on my face, which I'll admit I enjoyed very much. Other times He'd replace my bandages. Katherine sometimes would come in too just to talk.

The next morning I woke up to horrible pain making me shriek. Elijah ran in while His pajamas were still on. Katherine came in after Him.

"Nicola, are you okay?" Katherine asked. I nodded my head quickly, my hand barely touching the bandage afraid it'll hurt. That was great way to start the morning. Elijah took a knee right next to me on the floor.

"We found a way to heal you, though it isn't guaranteed." Elijah sighed.

"Let's just do it, I'm going to die anyway." I responded, and the both of them looked at me, Katherine was worried, and Elijah was still covered with that stupid mask I grew to hate, it did keep everyone safe but I couldn't see those eyes. The ones I grew to... to lov-

"It's in Salem, Massachusetts. Where the Salem witch trials took place, There's a witch there that can help you. Though she is the best, she's also very old. Older than me."

"Well we should get you packed. I'll head to the store real quick to pick up some bags and luggage's." Katherine said before waving to me and heading out the door. Elijah took of his mask and looked at me before placing His lips on mine. The kiss was soft, full of meaning. He was slow and careful, as if I might break from one kiss. He placed his hand on my cheek, and I on his shoulders. When He broke the kiss He placed a peck on my forehead, on my cheek, then on my lips, and on my nose.

"I will find a way to heal you, Nickola. I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~

I laid on my bed as Katherine went around my room packing random things. She would pack in my essentials, then some items off my dresser or the shelves. Elena helped me get up and changed me into a simple black t-shirt and loose sweats that wouldn't apply pressure to my wound. Standing was a bit hard for me, it made the pain start all over again, excruciating pain, shooting through my body. They let me sit on the chair at the corner of my room while they finished packing. Then Elijah came in, lifted me into His strong arms and carried me to His private jet. Katherine, Elena, Kane, Marilyn, and a bunch of other demons came along. I spent the entire ride to Salem on the couch and every time I tried to join in on the conversation, they'd shush me. As if talking would kill me. So I watched Netflix. I decided to watch Lucifer, seeing as he was the Devil humans would think of.