Chapter 22

One month later...

  Nicola's POV

We laid on the soft sand, waves crashing against our tangled bodies. There was nearly no one at the beach. We decided to take a break and fly to the Bahamas for a mental break. It was so relaxing.

We were on our third day at the beach out of a whole week. I was already starting to show but not enough that I when I wear loose clothing it shows. Soon enough we'd be able to find the gender.

  We spent most of our vacation days at the beach. Afterwards we walked for ice cream before dinner. Afterwards we went to this restaurant. It was super fancy so I wore this off-shoulder, gold sparkly dress with a slit all the way to my thigh on my left leg. I pared it with gold strapped heels and straightened my hair.

  When I was done, I came out to see Elijah waiting on the bed in black khakis, wine red shirt tucked into his pants and a black suit jacket. His hair was tousled and he was on his phone typing away.

  "I'm ready." He turns and freezes once he sees me.

  "You look... wow." He stands up and his eyes turn thoughtful. "I can't believe your mine." He grins and comes over over to me to lift me up by the waist to hug me.

  "We'd better go before we're late for the reservation." I giggle.

  After the delicious meal, I was ready to pop like a balloon. I don't think I'd ever felt so full in my life. We paid and left, taking the scenic route by the beach.

  "I think my belly is going to pop." I groan. Elijah chuckles.

  "You shouldn't have eaten so much. You missed desert."

  "We already had desert." I mention.

  "Yes but we didn't have the after dinner desert. It hits the spot." He smirks.

  He holds my hand as he stops and I look behind me as he goes down onto one knee. I gasp. Is he..?

  "Nicola Lockhart." He starts. "I remember when I first saw you like it was yesterday. I was out for a walk, pissed off and then I saw you through the window. You were asleep and looked so sound and angelic. I knew I had to have you for myself. It was selfish but it didn't stop me from calling you to me and separating you from your family. Yet, you still treated me as a friend. You didn't treat me like I was your kidnapper. When I finally got a taste of you, I knew there was no going back. I fell, I fell hard. I've never felt like this with anyone. I love you so much, so," he paused to take a breath, and take out a small black velvet box. He popped it open and sitting there was a silver band with a beautiful diamond sitting on top. It was breathtaking beautiful. "Will you marry me?"

Tears stung my eyes as I looked from him to the ring and nodded my head vigorously.

"Yes. Yes I will marry you. I love you so fucking much." I sob as he slips the ring on my ring finger and I wrap my arms around his neck as he lifts me up with his hand around my waist and hugging me back.

After our wonderful week in the Bahamas, we came back to share the news. Everyone was ridiculously supportive that I could've just cried right there.

We decided to do this marriage now before the baby is born. So we settled for 3 weeks after we find out the gender. That's in a little more than a month so we don't have time. We had already gotten started on the location, the the cake, the hair stylist, all of that and I think we may just make it.

We thought about eloping but then what about the photos? I'd still like to have a cake too. So we just want a small reception.

I can't believe how great everything is going.

Yes. Very short chapter. Again. But I swear the last couple will be long due to the events. Just bare with me <3