Chapter 19

Nicola's POV

"What did you say?" I gaped at the witch. Everyone stood frozen. Too afraid to move. Too afraid that it's real.

  "You're pregnant." She repeats. I nearly faint. I get light headed and the room starts spinning. I groan and lay my head down and put my hand on my forehead.

  "How?" I dare to ask.

  "When I turned you human, you probably went through your menstrual cycle, and then you," she looks at Elijah, who's eyes are about to pop out of his skull, "got her impregnated."

  "B-but I thought demons can't have children?"

  "Demons can't, but the devil can. He can impregnate a human to bare his child who'll be the next to rule the throne of hell."

  "Oh, shit." I mumble and close my eyes. My head starts throbbing and I wince. My breathing turns ragged. Katherine mumbles that she needed to get air and Elijah comes to my side.

  "You want to go back to the hotel? You want food? Water? We can leave right now if you want-"

  "I'm fine."

  "Wait, what about my eye thing? Like I can kill with a look in the eye." He looks at Gloria.

  "I can't take the ability but I can make it so you choose when to use it. You won't have to wear that ridiculous mask anymore."  Elijah nods and heads over to Gloria. In 2 minutes she's done.

"That was quick." I say, my head throbs even more and I regret saying anything.

  "Try." Gloria says.

  "But what if it didn't work?"

  "It did. Try." He reluctantly swipes his mask off and slowly looks into the witches eyes. Nothing happened.

  "It worked." He said more to himself.

  —

  When we got back in the plane everyone is silent. Dead silent. The whole plane ride not a word was exchanged between any of us.

Katherine looked awkward, fidgeting with the hem of her dress and avoiding eye contact.

Elijah sat stick straight, looking ahead, in a world of his own, with an expression that he was in deep thought.

I was about to vomit, again. And faint. And scream. I was feeling so many things at once. I was so confused.

When we finally got home, Katherine beelined for Moon, who jumped at her legs excited that we were back.

I decided I needed to talk with Elijah, so I follow him to his room.

As soon as the door shut closed, I blurted out the question I had been holding in since we found out.

"Are you mad?"

"What?" Elijah turned around, a look of horror crossing his face. "No. No, of course I'm not mad at you." He walks over to me, cupping my face in his large, veiny hands.

"Then please, tell me what you're thinking. I can't calm down, I don't know what your thinking. I'm freaking out." My vision begins to blur as tears filled my eyes. "I don't know what's going on in your head, I don't even know what's going on in mine. I don't know anything. Elijah, I'm terrified." My voice cracks.

"Shh. We'll figure it out, okay? Come sit, and we'll talk." He wipes a fallen tear and places his hand behind the small of my back as we walk to his bed.

"Elijah, what are you thinking?"

He's silent for a minute.

"I'm happy." Out of everything I thought he was going to say, that was far from it.

"Really?" I sniffle and look up at him.

"Yes. I was quiet because I was very confused. But I'm happy. I'm glad your the one to give me a kid."

"Because otherwise it'd be another woman, right?" That hurt me, I know he didn't mean it that way but it stung.

"No, Nicola, no. It's because I love you. I want to have a baby with you. No one else." I straddle him and he wraps his arms around my waist as he lays down, me coming with him so my head is right on his heart.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

"You make me feel like this." He rasps. His heart rate going even faster as I feel him poking the back of my thigh.

"I make you nervous?" I breath out a laugh, "Why?"

"Because your so beautiful. You're the nicest and the rudest person here. "He chuckles. "Your badass and sweet as candy all at once. You make me feel things I never felt before. Even though I tore you away from your family, your the only one who actually showed me that you care about me. I fell for you. I'm in love with you. And now my kid is growing in your stomach and that does weird things to me."

"Weird things to you?" I question.

"It's making me think of how I'm gonna put another one in you." He whispers closer to my ear.

I inhale a sharp breath as heat dropped between my legs. He sits up making me slide down right on top his hard dick. I gasp at the friction. He stuffs his face into my neck, nibbling, kissing, breathing me in. He groans in approval.

"Show me." I dare him.

"Anything you want." And he bucks his hips making me feel things I never have before.

"I love you so much." I moan against his mouth.

"I love you and I'm about to prove it."

Short chapter, I know, but it's a double update and right now I'm just spilling out the rest of the chapters because I'm very excited for the next couple chapters, and I want to start another book that I've already released the prologue of so go check that out.

AND A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU READING THIS RIGHT NOW. I would've never gotten this far in this book if it weren't for you guys so thank you.
Anyway, lots of events are gonna start coming your way so get ready. ;)