eight

The minute Lola tumbles out of the rustic fireplace once more she can hear screaming. Very, very loud screaming. She winces as she hears Mrs Weasleys shrieks, nothing could be good if she was involved.

"No, I will not let you near her, she needs to be kept away from people like you!" Mrs Weasleys screams, and Lola hears an echoing thud, she presumes someone had slammed their hand on the table.

"Hey Lola, are you ok?" James asks, shocking her out of her daze. He looks more alert and aware, his eyes darting back and forth. Lola is about to respond when she hears a voice that sounds a lot like Peter's.

"Peter," she whispers, before setting off into a run, "Peter!" She can hear the others running behind her as she runs round the twins and straight into his arms. She can feel him swinging her round, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"I have missed you so much princess," he whispers softly, "So much." He lets her down and she firmly hugs Derek and Malia, pressing a kiss onto Malia's forehead.

"Who are these people Miss Potter?" Dumbledore snarls, "I do not remember giving you permission to give the sacred address out to anyone."

"And they are some of the rudest people I have come across!" Mrs Weasley shrieks, glaring daggers at Peter.

"I give her permission, as Lord Black," Sirius says quickly, winking at Lola. Peter looks murderous. He glares between Lola and her family, though he stays in his human form.

"HOW DARE YOU?" He finally roars, his eyes flashing blue, "You have the nerve, the nerve, to abandon her, in the woods no less, and then you act like she's family, because you 'find' her again. You disgust me! I am her dad, not you, some drunk who probably can't tell his left from his right. I was in a coma for six years, SIX, healing myself, cell by cell. And you, the werewolf, how can you stand to be near such people! You are hiding your wolf, I bet you don't even let it run free on full moons. I bet you use wolfsbane to tame it, that will kill you! You are killing your wolf, but it's fine, Lola's brother was the same. But even he accepted it and is now one of the most powerful werewolves I have ever seen. I hate you all!!"

"He is not some drunk," Lily shouts back, her temper flaring, "He is Lola's dad, not you. He had no idea she was missing and now you want her to side against us, you are corrupting her!" Lola is shocked at her mothers words, and she can see Peter about to shout back. She didn't want to have to take sides but if she did, she would always take Peter's side.

"No, calm down Lily, he's right," James sighs, "We did abandon her that night, trying to stop Voldemort. We did let her out of our sight, it is our fault." Lola smiles warmly at him, remembering their conversation from earlier. Peter however, isn't finished.

"Oh, that's nice, now you're acting like a family," he spits out, "Well, let me tell you something, some may call it a threat." He steps forward, showing his werewolf nails and fangs.

"You see these nails," he growls, "I can slice and kill you faster than you can blink. If you dare even think about harming anyone I care and love for, you will find these nails in your neck." No one moves after his threat. Even Dumbledore and Mrs Weasley, although still watching, have fallen silent.

"We understand, we won't harm her," Sirius says sincerely. Dumbledore narrows his eyes at Sirius's words, but says nothing.

"Derek has something to offer you Remus, don't you Derek?" Lola says cheerfully, trying to move past the argument that had just occurred. Derek stands up to face Remus, hands balled up into fists. Remus has stayed silent since Peter said he was killing his wolf, although now he was staring solely at Derek.

"I'm offering you a place in my pack," Derek says gruffly before taking his seat again. Lola rolls her eyes, dear god, he was helpless.

"Which means what Derek? Use your manners, like Talia taught you. I know they are in there somewhere," she tuts, smirking at him. He sticks his tongue out at her childishly before turning back to Remus.