six

Lola woke the next day with a small headache, and then she realised she had rolled of the bed in the middle of the night. What a lady she was. She shook off that thought as she got changed, noticing that Hermione and Ginny had already gone downstairs. Maybe, Lola thought, she could get her family and Godfather to come to Gringotts to get cleansed. Heavens knows they probably needed it. Lola used magic to place on her makeup and straighten her hair before she went downstairs. 

It seemed many from the Order meeting last night had gone home, and only her family and the Weasley's remained. There seemed to be an overwhelming amount of ginger, including her 'mother' and her. 

"George, Fred, sit down!" Molly snapped, whacking a pair of ginger haired twins over the head with a tea towel. She glowers at one of them before turning back to hand out the sausages. 

"Who wants one? Ok, Ron, here you go."

Lola stays in the background for a few minutes before slipping into a seat by the werewolf man from yesterday. 

"Why was Mrs Weasley glaring at that red head?" she asks casually, ignoring how he almost chokes before turning to face her. 

"Which one, Fred?" 

"Yeah."

"Well," the werewolf starts off, before lowering his voice, "You see, ummm, well Fred's gay, and Mrs Weasley isn't so fond of that." Lola lets out a noise similar to a growl. He was gay, that was why Mrs Weasley hated him. Honestly, the nerve of her. 

"And what about you? You hate gay people too?" Lola can't keep the venom out of her voice, and narrowed her eyes at the paling werewolf. 

"No, no, no, no," he said hurriedly, "In fact, I, never mind."  His eyes turn back to the table, and his hands are slowly shaking. His eyes keep flicking to Sirius Black, the man Lola met yesterday, who is talking to her parents. Sirius notices her staring and gives her a soft smile, one Lola hesitantly returns. Her dad also gives her a beaming smile, in return getting quirk of Lola's lips, which satisfies him enough and he turns away.

"I think I'm gay."

The phrase is that quiet that Lola almost doesn't hear it, and she immediately turns to look at the werewolf. He has his eyes closed, as if waiting for Lola too slap him. By now, his whole body is trembling, and he is on the verge of tears, taking in big gulps of air. Chatter from the rest of the people in the room is still going on, yet Lola feels it is deadly silent. So she does the only thing she knows how to do when someone's upset. She hugs him. 

It's soft and gentle, with her somehow ending up on his lap. She wipes away a few stray tears before she buries her head into his chest. His jumper is soft and warm, making Lola hug him even tighter. She can feel tears fall onto her head as her slowly hugs her back, and he lets his chin fall onto the top of her head. 

"It's ok," she whispers, "It's ok."

"I'm a monster," he gasps, "I'm un...unnatural, you... I'm a monster."

"You're not, everyone is different, you're not a monster," Lola soothes, looking up at him. Amber eyes meet Hazel, and Lola realises why he is so lonely and isolated. He doesn't have a werewolf pack. He doesn't have any werewolves to run with at night, when it's safe to come out. 

"I...You can't...can't tell anyone," he sobs, "I'll be tossed out on my ear. They'll hate me, I'm...I'm different." 

"I won't tell a soul." And that's a promise Lola intended on keeping.

☆。*。☆。

Remus Lupin. That was the werewolfs name. How ironic. Lola had run away from breakfast the minute Dumbledore had turned up, wanting to deal with him later. It was going to be hard getting him to agree to taking her family and godfathers to Gringotts.