eleven

Lola is in shock. It was that easy?

"Great," she chirps, "So I'll get started on the potion and Derek and Peter can extract the werewolf blood." Lily and James look at each other before James clears his throat.

"We accept with a deal," he mutters, Lola turning sharply to him. She narrows her eyes, looking awfully like a cat in that moment.

"What do you mean you except with a deal? What deal?" she mutters. James visibly recoils but continues anyway.

"You have to have an adult present whenever you decide to do things like making a potion, or anything along those lines. It's just to keep you safe." Lola lets out a breath of relief, that was easily done. She might need Malia in there as well to keep her calm.

"Done," Lola sighs, and moves to get the salamander blood from the potion cupboard, along with Allison's silver bullet. Derek and Peter shielded away from the bullet, and understandably so. The bullet of an Argent could kill them.

"Oh, dad, this is Regulus," Malia beamed, "Regulus, this is Peter, my dad." Regulus's mouth dropped open in shock.

"Peter Hale? Enforcer of the Hale pack, it's such a pleasure to meet you," he said, and Peter takes his hand.

"Thank you," Peter grins, "Though obviously the Hale Pack isn't really there anymore." A sombre aura falls upon the room, Regulus scrunching his eyebrows in confusion.

"The fire," Peter softly says, "Only two of us got out, well, and Lola, who came back to save us." Lola grimaces at Regulus before Peter's words settle in her mind. She whips around to face him, Malia matching her face of shock.

"What? What's wrong?" Sirius frets, looking between the two girls.

"James, Siri, what's going on?" Regulus says, Malia turning to face him.

"Only Peter and Lola got out that day." Regulus makes an 'o' with his mouth, while Peter starts chuckling.

"Who is it?" Lola demands, "Leo, please say it's Leo. Or Elsie, or Cora, oh god, please say it's Cora." Peter just smirks, looking knowingly at Derek.

"Well," he starts, "We found out a few days ago. You remember Erica and Boyd, they went missi-"

"It was Cora," Derek cuts it, Peter sending a glower to his nephew. Lola gasps in shock, Cora. Little Cora, well, she wouldn't be so little anymore. Cora who ran with her and Scott, until they had to stop because of Scott's anger. Cora, who would always help Talia with the baking. Cora, who hadn't even come into her werewolf inheritance when the fire had happened.

"Cora, she, she," Lola couldn't finish as she dissolved into tears. She didn't know if they were happy or sad. Malia hugs Lola fiercely, they had their little sister back.

"Where is she?" Malia says, looking between Peter and Derek.

"With Melissa, we spoke to her old pack, they agreed to let her come back to the Hale pack, they understood everything perfectly. Scott promised to look after her while we came to you, she's excited to see you both again." Malia and Lola weakly chuckled, perfectly content wrapped in each others arms.

☆。*。☆。

The next day, Lola cracked on with the potion. James supervised, surprisingly being the best one at potions in the group, followed by Sirius and Lily.

"I thought Lily got better grades than you," Malia yawns from her place in the sofa in the lab.

"She did," James shrugs, as if he couldn't care less. He probably didn't.