Furnishing

Back at the house, Molly and Rachel immediately went inside. Ethan and Seán were standing in the driveway talking. I turn to Curran. "I was going to go to Target to get some things. Do you want to come?"

Curran nodded. "It may not be a perfect day together, but I still want to spend time with you."

I smile at him. Curran has always been so sweet to me. I turn towards Ethan. "We are going to make a trip to Target. I want to get somrthings for the bedroom. Do you need anything?"

Ethan and Seán look at each. "Not that I know of." Ethan looks off into the distance.

"Ok, can you tell Molly?" Ethan and Seán both nod. I look at Curran. "I'm going to go get my keys. I'll be right back."

Curran shakes his head. "I can drive."

I shake my head. "No I want to get a few things that are large. I'm not sure they will fit in your small sudane."

Curran rolls his eyes as I walk into the house. I run up the stairs and notice Molly and Rachel in the guest bathroom. I grab my keys from the bedroom and stop back at the bathroom. "Molly, I'm going to Target." She nods and goes back to Rachel. Rachel doesn't even acknowledge me. I shrug it off and go back outside. Curran was talking with Ethan and Seán. I show my keys and Curran says his goodbyes.

Curran snatches my keys. "I'll still drive since I know where the nearest Target is."

"Fine." I spit out my tongue at him and jump in the passenger side.

Target was boring. I picked up some food for the week. I tried to get Molly some stuff, but I wasn't really sure what she was eating nowadays.

The big part was furniture. I bought a bed frame, and a nightstand. I went a little crazy and even bought a surprise for Molly. Curran was a big help with lifting. He helped me with heavy items instead of me lifting the thing by myself.

No one was outside when Curran pulled into the driveway. Ethan's car was still in the driveway, so they all were still here. Curran opens the back of the cat while I open the front door. I peak inside and find Seán and Ethan on the couch playing video games.

"Is it ok if I leave the door open? I need to unload the car."

Ethan glances at me. "Yeah sure. Spencer is in the backyard with Molly and Rachel."

Seán looks at me. "Do you need any help?"

I shake my head. "Curran and I should be able to handle it."

I walk back outside. Curran was currently trying to get the bed frame out by himself. I walk over and help him. "Easy there muscles. I can help."

Curran chuckles. "I have to prove my strength Nalia. It's for my manly pride."

I scoff at him. "Well I need to keep my strength up for work."

We both laugh as we carefully bring the box inside and up the stairs. Curran races me down the stairs and grabs my nightstand. I grab a few bags of groceries and bring them into the kitchen. Molly and Rachel were looking in the fridge when I walked in.

"Molly, can you get the rest of the groceries?" Molly sighs and mumbles a sure. Rachel gives me a dirty look as Molly exits. "What?" I ask.

Rachel flips her hair and walks out of the kitchen. Ok then. I think.

I run out to the car again. Molly is squealing at her surprise. "I can't believe you did this!"

Molly was staring at the brand new vanity. We both always wanted one as kids but our house was small and never had the room for it. "I figured our jewelry and your makeup could go in it."

Rachel comes over and inspects it. "This will make doing your makeup easier."

Molly practically skips back in the house with the groceries. Curran managed to carry the vanity by himself up the stairs into the bedroom. Molly comes up with Rachel to start putting our things in the drawers.

Curran and I begin assembling the bed frame. Curran holds the frame in place while I screw the pieces together. Ethan and Seán came in to see what the girls were doing.

Curran and I were struggling with the last corner. Curran was trying to keep the entire thing leveled, while I screw the last pieces together. Seán comes over and kneels down with me. He holds the parts where I need them and I am able to screw the parts together. I look at the green haired man and smile. "Thanks."

Seán stands back up and nods to Curran. "No problem Nalia."

Seán and Curran lift the mattress and set it on the bed frame. Perfect fit.

I lay down on the mattress. "Ok break time."

I hear Curran laugh. "Nalia, if you don't make the bed now, it will never get done."

I groan very loud. "I don't wanna."

Curran pokes me in my side. I giggle and try to push his hands away. "Is it because you can't put the mattress pad on?"

I gasp. "Curran. You know I have issues."

Curran laughs at me. "Come on. I'm here. I can help you."

I groan and get off the bed. I grab the mattress pad and put it on one corner. Curran holds that corner down as I bring the second corner down. Curran then holds both corners down. I stretch the fabric and manage to get the mattress pad on without fail. I grab the sheets and make the rest of the bed. I put on my ballerina quilt and arrange the pillows.

I look at Curran. "That was so much work."

Curran chuckles. He walks over and grabs my waist. "Well now you can rest. Mark should be done with his meetings soon."

I go up on my tip toes and kiss his cheek. "Being an adult is hard work. I don't like making my bed."

Curran laughs and pushes me on the bed. He stands over me on the side of the bed. His loving eyes looking me over.

"Ughh. I would say get a room, but please don't make it this room." Molly was making disgusted noises. "You two are gross sometimes. Calm down on the PDA."

Curran looks over at her. "Hey technically we aren't in public."

I sit up and look over at Molly. Everyone was now looking at Curran and I. I feel my face getting warm. Rachel moved over and took Seán's hand in hers. Seán looked like he was staring at the floor.

Suddenly Mark comes walking through the door. "Hey everyone. The door was unlocked so I just came in." Ethan rolls his eyes. Mark runs his hands together. "Let's get going. I'll drive. Slumber party at my house."

I stand up and walk over to the closet. "I need clothes for work in the morning." Mark nods and I stuff some khakis and a tshirt in my bag. Then I put my hairbrush and toothbrush in. I turn around towards the group. "Ready."

Curran speaks up. "I can drive too. I'll drive Nalia to work in the morning."

Everyone files out the door and down the stairs. Mark took Rachel and Seán in his car. Curran drove Molly, Ethan, and myself. Curran followed Mark to the burger restaurant for dinner.