Awkward Sleepover

When we got to Mark’s house, we all sat at the dining room table. Mark wanted to play a few games of Uno before we sat down for a movie. There was lots of yelling and swearing and laughing. It reminded me of those long nights at college when a huge group of us needed to relax. Uno got our minds off of homework and projects pretty quickly. 

Ethan and Molly were teaming up on Mark, Seán was teasing Rachel and Curran was trying to inconvenience me at any cost. Mark won once, and Molly dominated three games. 

Mark started collecting the cards and told everyone to go into the living room. I walk over to him. "Mark I want to take my fishnets off. Where can I do that?" 

Mark motions towards the stairs. "The bathroom is up the stairs. First door on your right." I smile and walk off. 

I climb the stairs but pause at the bathroom. I didn't want to take up the bathroom for just changing. We are about to start a movie so someone else may have to go to the bathroom. I look to my left. This door was slightly ajar. I slip inside and close the door. 

It will be fine. I'll quickly take my fishnets off. I quickly unzip my jean shorts and let them fall to the floor. I carefully roll my fishnets down my legs. I manage to pull my leg out of them.

I hear the door open and close. "Nalia! Fuck!" 

I grab my shorts and turn towards the Irish sounding curse words. "Oh my god. Seán!" I try to cover my panties with my shorts. "What are you doing in here?!" 

Seán points behind me. "This is the guest room. Rachel wanted her phone charger and I wanted a blanket." 

I look behind me and there are a couple suitcases near the foot of the bed. I can feel my face getting hot. I didn't want to know how red my face is. 

Seán walks right past me and opens a suitcase with his back to me. "You can finish changing. I won't look." 

I turn my back to him and pull my shorts on. I then pull my fishnets off my other leg. I turn around and Seán is gathering the blanket from the bed. He turns and smiles at me. He places the blanket on top of the bed. "Nalia," Seán looks at the floor while one arm reaches behind and runs the back of his neck. "I dont want things to be awkward between us." 

I gulp. "Things are awkward?" I try to play dumb.

Seán rolls his eyes. "I can tell you're lying Nalia. You're obviously nervous when I'm around." Seán takes a step toward me. "Can we be friends? We were friends for a while." 

I take a deep breath. "I guess we can be friends."

Seán's face lights up. He walks over and opens his arms. I smile and give him the least awkward hug I could manage. The best way to describe this hug is from the second Twilight movie. I'm Bella hugging Jacob, who is Seán, in Bella's bedroom when Jacob wanted Bella to remember the story about the cold one.

I pulled back from the hug first. I wanted to get back to Curran. I wanted to smell Curran's cologne rather than Seán. Seán still smelled of coffee. 

Seán smiled and picked up the blanket. "Let's go." We both walk out of the room together. 

The glare on Rachel's face when I came down the stairs with Seán, could freeze anyone. I only kept going because Curran was sitting on the couch smiling at me.

I quickly shove my fishnets in my bag and sit next to Curran. I scooch closer to Curran and puts his arm around me. I glance at Seán and Rachel whispering on the other end of the couch. Luckily Mark sat between us. Ethan and Molly sat on the loveseat. 

I glue my eyes to the screen. I just didn't want to look over to Seán. Seán wasn't wrong, I am nervous around him. He was my first boyfriend and my current boyfriend is here. They both talk to each other. Seán can see Curran pull me closer. I can see Rachel glare at me when I even glance her way. 

The credits start to roll and Mark immediately gets up. He gives a huge yawn. "Well, I'm beat. Night." He vanishes up the stairs. Ethan and Molly were both asleep already. Molly had her head on his shoulder as Ethan had his arms wrapped around her. I smile at how cute they are. 

Rachel and Sean got up next. Rachel was leading him back up the stairs. She glances in my direction and gives me a smirk. She gets closer to Sean and whispers in his ear. They both quicken their pace and disappear upstairs. 

I look over at Curran. He was doing something on his phone. For some reason Rachel's actions really bothered me. Watching her and Sean just made me want Curran even more. This could also be my hormones talking. 

I stand up, grab the remote and turn the tv off. I turn back around and slide into Curran's lap. I kiss his cheek softly. "Nalia." He whispers. "Your sister is right there." 

I glance over at her sleeping. I kiss Curran on the lips. "Then let's go find another room. I'm sure Mark has another bed somewhere." 

We quietly look around on the main floor and find nothing. We start tip toeing up the stairs. I trip on the last step and almost fall right on my face, but Curran grabs my waist and steadies me. The guest room door opens. Sean pokes his head out with Rachel pouting behind him. Curran waves at him. "Sorry, she tripped." 

Sean chuckles. "No worries lad. I get it." Rachel had a hand on his bare shoulder. I didn't even realize he wasn't wearing a shirt until now. The door closes and we are surrounded by darkness again. 

Curran helps me stand up and I just look into his eyes. I had a feeling of what those two could be doing in the bedroom, but I didn't care. I just wanted to curl up next to Curran and fall asleep. 

We found an empty room at the end of the hall. Curran slips into bed, but before he could pull the covers over I slide on top of him. I quickly bend over to kiss him again. Curran's hands make their way to my hips and my hands play with his hair. 

Curran sits up. "Nalia, slow down." He pulls back and tries to keep me from kissing him again. I instead kiss his chest. "Nalia, seriously." 

I sigh and look at Curran. "What's wrong?" 

"Shouldn't we go to sleep?" I sit back. "Nalia, tomorrow is your first day of work. I just want you to be at your best." 

I frown. "And making out with my boyfriend is going to throw me off my game?" I tug at his shirt. "I just really want you. Like, right now." 

Curran runs a hand through his curly hair. "What's the rush? It's not like we won't see each other this week." 

I get off his lap and sit next to him. "If you're not in the mood just tell me." I slide under the covers. 

Curran pulls the covers over himself and turns towards me. "Nalia, trust me. Even if I'm not in the mood, I can get in the mood." 

I take a deep breath. "Then I'm not seeing a problem." 

Curran just shakes his head. "It's late. Let's just have a calm night." 

I pout. "Fine. Can you at least hold me?" 

"Of course." Curran wraps his arms around me and we both fall asleep.