Rachel and Seán

Seán takes me back to Mark's house. When Mark sees me he holds me. I couldn't believe I still had some tears left. Seán originally went out to get him and Mark some lunch. He told Mark what I told him. 

All three of us end up on the couch. Mark had a box of tissues and a garbage handy, while I rested my head on Seán's shoulder. 

"He didn't want to try long distance." I sniffle in-between words. "I thought he loved me." 

Mark hands me another tissue. Seán squeezes my hand. "You should've called me, or Mark. We would've come right to you." I close my eyes. "Although, you really haven't been talking to either of us lately." 

I slowly sit up. "I'm so sorry. Mark I have no good excuse to avoiding you, but Seán. It's still not a good excuse but Rachel told me to stay away from you. I didn't want to ruin your relationship since you seemed happy so I thought I was doing the right thing." Tears start to form again. "I'm so sorry." 

Seán pulls back a little. "She did what?" 

I couldn't face Seán. I didn't want to see any hurt or betrayal from him so I get off of him and switch over to Mark. I wrap my arms around his waist and cry some more on his shoulder. 

"What am I looking at?" Rachel's voice sounded as bitchy as ever. 

I hear Seán get off the couch. "Nalia is upset so some friends are comforting her. Apparently, she didn't come to us though because YOU," he put emphasis on her. "Told her to stay away from me. Is that true?" 

"Do you really think I would do that to you, babe?" Rachel's voice gets closer. 

Seán gets angry. "At this point I don't really know. I have a friend who was dumped in the pouring rain crying on my couch. I dont think she has any reason to lie right now." 

Rachel scoffs. "Well then maybe you should be spending time with her instead of me. She seems so much more important to you now." 

"She is heartbroken Rachel. It's called having a heart." 

I hear foot steps walk away. "Fine. Have it your way. But Seán you have to make a choice, me or her." 

"Why in the hell would you make me choose?" Seán seems to have gotten further away. "Nalia is my friend Rachel. I can't choose between you and her. For fucks sake, I shouldn't have to." 

"Then you have made your choice Seán." Footsteps went upstairs. Another pair came back towards the couch. I peak out from Mark's shoulder and look at Seán. His face is red and his eyes are angry. "I'm sorry Seán." I whisper. 

Seán sits down next to me. He starts brushing my hair out of my face. "It's not your fault. Don't even think of blaming yourself." 

I tuck my face back into Mark's shoulder and fall asleep holding him.