Morning Talks

I hear my phone start playing the usual melody of my alarm. I turn over and turn it off. Curran was still asleep so I slowly crawled out of bed. I walk down the stairs and grab my bag. I head back up to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me. 

I quickly change and brush my teeth. I had on khaki shorts and an old white shirt. I didn't have my own work shirt yet since I haven't started. 

I go back down the stairs and was surprised to see the kitchen light on. Ethan and Molly were still sleeping on the loveseat together. I put my bag back by the door and walk into the kitchen. 

A messy pile of green hair greeted me. Seán was leaning on the counter eating some eggs. This time he did have a shirt on. He smiles at me. "Morning." 

I walk past him towards the pantry. "Morning. Why are you up?" I open the door and find a granola bar. I open it and close the pantry. I walk around and stand on the other side of the island. The island let me put some distance between us. 

Seán shrugs. "Jet lag?" He continues shoveling eggs into his mouth. 

I shrug. "I mean it sounded like you're not sure. It's a big time difference." I pause. "Took me a little while to get used to Eastern Standard time again." I look down at the floor trying to avoid his eyes. 

"I mean yeah. Time difference usually gets to me. We all were up late last night too." I take another bite of my granola bar. "I guess I'm just a little sore." 

Seán walked over to the sink and started cleaning his dishes. I glance over at him. He looked so different from how I remember. The green hair is a huge difference, but he trimmed his beard and mustache so short he probably should have just shaved. His posture is the same. His back still looked strong…..

No! I shake my head. He is with Rachel and I am with Curran. I bet he just wants to be friends for now. When I am not with Mark, Seán will just go back to acting like I never existed. I watched a few of his streams when I came back. He seemed to be forcing his smiles. Once his audience started to notice, Seán took a break. After he came back, he was with Rachel. 

"Nalia!" 

I blink a few times and focus again. Curran was drinking some milk while Seán was washing his pan now. I give Curran my best smile. Them I glance back at Seán and notice a cut on the back of his neck. My eyes go wide for a second. Curran follows my gaze to the back of Seán's neck. 

Curran chuckled. "Oh boy." He slaps a hand on Seán's back. "Someone had some fun last night."

Seán places his pan in the dishwasher and brings a hand up to cover his neck. He used to do that when he was nervous or embarrassed. "Rachel broke a nail last night and while we were...yeah know. She scratched harder than normal." He laughed a bit. "This is mild compared to what others have done." 

The guys were laughing and I turn around trying to hide my red face. I have scratched up a back before, a long time ago. I have gotten more gentle with Curran. 

I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a tender kiss on my neck. "Sorry Nalia. We don't want to make you uncomfortable." 

I shake my head. "I can take it. I'm just nervous about my first day. New people you know." I try my best to lie. 

Curran turns me around to face him. "You will do great. Everyone will want to get to know you. You are amazing." 

"It's true." I hear Seán say. He was placing his pot in the dishwasher now. 

I refocus on Curran. His eyes just staring into mine. I brush my lips against his and smile. "Thank you." 

Curran beams. "Ok. Then let's get your day started." I nod and follow him out the door.